Atc scm19?

drgb

I'm almost sold on these. I've been doing my listening lately and haven't come across anything this good. Should I pull the trigger? Something I need to hear before I buy these? Budget no bar. Will be paired with Bryston 4B or the UR U6.
Thanks and regards!

OK Dr. Pls listen KEFLS50 & PMC 22 these two....names are coming.... In mind.....AND if Budget is really NO BAR for you then..also looK FOR

Focal Dioblo utopia

Dali Epicon 2

B &W 805

Wilson Audio duette 2

Usher BE 718

Joseph pulsar

etc...

the bryston and the 800 series of b&w are a very good match from what i hear. if im not mistaken, there was a forum member called dinyaar that had this setup. he hasnt been active for a while

I'm almost sold on these. I've been doing my listening lately and haven't come across anything this good. Should I pull the trigger? Something I need to hear before I buy these? Budget no bar. Will be paired with Bryston 4B or the UR U6.
Thanks and regards!

The SCM 19s are great speakers but they are not the best you can get even from among their own stablemates.
If you have the means, I would strongly recommend you move up to the Classic Line and the SCM20.

I was very impressed from an audition at Cinema Focus, Chennai where they had the SCM 20s in their stereo room.
Have a listen if you can travel to Chennai.

5.jpg

against the ATC scm 19 - i own the Atc's too
im one happy camper
its a no contest

i can only think of the Joseph audios or the PMC FACTs or the Spendor D7
that would play the tone i guess you are looking for

I have owned the ATC SCM19, ATC7 and currently own the SCM 11 all v1. I also heard the SCM 40 extensively. In all of these my preference is the atc scm 11. Actually I feel the 7 images even better and completely disappears but it is devoid of any meaningful bass response. The 19 while very good, IMO cannot image and soundstage as well as the the SCM11. The 11 is the most rounded of their entry level series. The smaller ATC's have a kind of magic that is missing from their bigger brothers. No wonder then ATC is issuing a SCM10 signature edition, a favorite speaker of their MD and founder Billy Woodman.
http://atcloudspeakers.co.uk/2016/02/scm10-signature-edition-4/
So essentially the scm10 will lie between the 7 and 11 (in terms of cabinet volume i.e; 7 litres and 11 liters) so perhaps it has that same magic. Please note I have heard only v1 - so no experience with the latest series. Perhaps things are different now.
BTW if budget is no bar you should be looking at Focal sopra no.1. I heard the 2 and tonality wise it was not too far off ATC, another option perhaps is ProAc response 2 - please note I am indicating book shelf models only.
There are other options of-course but their presentations will be different from the scm 19, like the B&W D805, Kef Reference1, Focal Diablo Utopia, Dynaudio C1, Dali Epicon 2 etc.

Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Thanks and regards!

It's kind of bold to say haven't come across anything this good. There are so many good loudspeakers out there specially if you say Budget no bar.

There already are many good recommendations here. You really need to know what in these speakers did you like so much that you consider them the best bar none. The final sound is not just the speakers. It's speakers plus amp, plus cables, plus source, plus room, plus stands, plus racks, plus more cables.

What did you hear them with? Do you have the same electronics? identical listening space? With what percentage of assurance can you say they will play the same in your space?

Finally, if you liked what you heard in ATC SCM 19, check out their active version. They will blow you to the Mars. They may be the last speaker you will ever need.

Sorry folks, my apologies for the delay in updating this thread.
I finally ended up buying the ATC SCM 11. Thanks to all FMs for the suggestions.
I was almost sold on the 19 but in my delay the 19s got sold to someone else. Hehe. Anyway, I'm more than happy with the purchase. These are phenomenal. The imaging is darn near perfect.
I'll be receiving my pair sometime next month as the cherry finish wasn't in stock at Eastern acoustics who deal in ATC here in JB.
Anyway, thanks again and wish you all a happy festival of colours! :D

The latest version of ATC are different and much better speakers. ATC Scm 7 version 3 has been very well appreciated and reviewed . In Hifi Choice group test of speakers they were the best speakers defeating kef Ls 50. The In house tweeter and change of box design has done wonders. I have close experience of ATC Scm 7 version 3 and after having fabulous experience ,
I am thinking of going for ATC Sam 19 version 2. Any one owns or can comment about them

Last edited:
Ummm ....
Not really binoy

Can you elaborate on their
Have you heard both

I've heard both the v2 and recently the v3
I like the v2
Sidvee I think has heard both as well

The v3 in house drivers were made for cutting costs and getting a little more sensitivity in to make the pigs easier to drive but I believe in doing that they had to barter something off
Sq wise the older drivers are more linear

In fact the cost of act scm 7 version 3 is more than the earlier version. I had earlier version 2 of act scm7 and now the version 3 .To me these new act scm 7 are much better .The earlier ATC scm 7 were very dry due to not so good tweeter. My observation is also aired by many reputed publications including stereophile . I liked ATC scm 7 version 3 better than ATC scm 11 latest version when I heard both at cinema focus . That time ATC scm 19 version 2 could not be listened .

I in fact was thinking about ATC scm 19 latest version with curved body and so I asked . The ATC scm 19 version 2 is stereophile class A recommended. This is one magazine I trust.

Last edited:
The cost of production of the 3 is lower than the 2
They saved. $ on just the baffle and another $ on the driver
Thus increasing their margins

I was not referring to the final cost to consumer
Obviously all companies price the newer version higher

About reviews by publications
Well....

Anyway as I always say personal opinion and taste is well...'personal'
You've had both and you like the newer one ... Fair

I've owned one and heard the other
I have a different opinion

I think most of the speaker manufacturers are making inferior speakers compared to their earlier versions. They are putting a higher price tag and higher version numbers - that's it. I believe, at the end of the day those manufacturers will lose their credibility and as a result the sales figures will go down eventually.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back