Atmos speakers

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

Atmos users, please give ur suggestions and opinions on which inceiling speakers to buy. I need 4 of them.

The below are all 6 inch speakers.

My rear surrounds are JBL arena 120.

Inceiling choices. These are the choices I have. I would love a few more options.

1.Taga TCI platinum 100R
2. BA HSi 460
3. Wharfdale Pacific c170
4. Elac IC1005

Atmos users, please give ur suggestions and opinions on which inceiling speakers to buy. I need 4 of them.

Here is a pic of Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 set-up..
PClRiX0.jpg

If i remember your room correctly (14 x 11, facing 14feet wide all), your listening position is slightly infront of backwall.. So your top front speaker position would be better if it is positioned towards your listening position.. Should help for top rear too..

Something like this would help you position them.. (Pic is Taga Harmony in-ceiling RB650).. You may consider any brand like these in your budget..

in-wall-in-ceiling-speakers-taga-harmony-rb-650-in-wall-speakers-reduced-bezel-2_1024x1024.jpeg

Which speakers sound better in Atmos, Inceiling or normal speaker mounted under ceiling. Few FM have mentioned that Inceiling speakers produces vibration. Little off the topic but helpful....

Which speakers sound better in Atmos, Inceiling or normal speaker mounted under ceiling.

Not very sure.. With regular speakers, it will be facing your ears.. More vertical.. With in-ceiling speakers, guess it will be more horizontal coverage..

Few FM have mentioned that Inceiling speakers produces vibration.

For heights, you will set the speakers to SMALL in AVR and use it with a crossover.. Chances of speaker producing bass is less.. So shouldn't be a concern..

Budget is max 6-7k per speaker @efernand1

@elangoas i won’t be sitting in the center of the room, I will be towards the rear of the room. How should the speakers be placed?

I’m looking for tiltable tweeters so I can position them towards me while at my sitting space.

Budget is max 6-7k per speaker @efernand1

@elangoas i won’t be sitting in the center of the room, I will be towards the rear of the room. How should the speakers be placed?

I’m looking for tiltable tweeters so I can position them towards me while at my sitting space.

Most AVRs are capable handling a variety of impedance....be it 4 or 6 or 8 ohms..... since you have the SR6012.....i would go for these speakers and make a small housing for them in the false ceiling that would be made....

https://pioneer-india.in/buy/car-entertainment-car-speakers-r-series/ts-r6951s/

These have high SPL, 3 way design and supposedly deliver frequencies between 31hz - 35khz.........

There are also other brands like Blaupunkt which have similar speakers....based on your budget, you can decide.....

Most of the ceiling speakers come with a plastic housing ready to fit.....technical...its almost like car speakers being fitted with a casing and sold.....

You can make the mini cabinets for these to be placed on the ceiling with a slight angle tilt towards your seating area...

The above image (as example) still applies to you.. Your listening position would approx be slightly before the surr speakers (5)..

You need to position the the top front ceiling speakers tweeter facing your listening position.. So kind of an acute angle..

For top rear speakers, you can turn the tilted ceiling speaker sideways.. left & right facing the listening position..

I will try to send you images, one the tweeter position..

I can't do tilted speakers since I have a false ceiling and I have already decided on inceiling speakers. Which brand is now the question.

Thanks @tapmal5 would be nice if you can tell me from where and if comfortable, for how much. Also can the tweeters be angled or tilted?

Hi

I used DNM Audio in the old days.......its decent enough like Norge or Pace etc......

You can visit Dev Pro Sales near Lamington Road Police Station (Grant Road East) where they have DNM and other speakers on display....

@celester340 I bought monitor audio MASS 5.0 for Surrounds and Atmos.
Recently I took Dali Faizon 5.0 audition ; it was sounding very good, of course it was supported by Twin Subs of JH Labs which added to the effects. I might have picked Dali if I was able to get audition earlier.

If all your other components are very premium like Tannoys and Avantage etc go for decent branded setup for HT as well. Polk OWM3 or OWM5 are decent performers for satellite and Atmos duties, with wall brackets allowing some degree of angulation. Kindly check those options.

Fronts- def tech sm45
Center - golden ear
Rear surrounds- JBL arena
Subwoofer- not decided the brand yet
Atmos- again , still undecided.

AVR is a Marantz SR6012.

My cousin bought and brought them from US and has refused to take any money , so till now free. Actually he bought them for me as he was aware i wanted them. Have used 2 in my HT Room and rest all over the house.

I can't do tilted speakers since I have a false ceiling and I have already decided on inceiling speakers. Which brand is now the question.

I found these over the Blaupunkt India website ..these are 4 ohms.....with 90-92 sensitivity levels...performs across a wide range of frequencies.....can be easily handled by the SR6012 and definitely will sound great.....cost is roughly 2500 - 4000 each.....maybe available cheaper somewhere.....

https://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/products/car-audio-accessories/speakers/products/single/13748/

https://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/products/car-audio-accessories/speakers/products/single/13742/

https://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/products/car-audio-accessories/speakers/products/single/13740/

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back