Atmos speakers

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date Start date
My cousin bought and brought them from US and has refused to take any money , so till now free. Actually he bought them for me as he was aware i wanted them. Have used 2 in my HT Room and rest all over the house.
Lucky u, thanks!

I would you to stick to a brand if you think they have done well. Esp. if the JBL has done well for surrounds use the brands ceiling speaker for heights. Too much mixing is not advisable.

Fronts- def tech sm45
Center - golden ear
Rear surrounds- JBL arena
Subwoofer- not decided the brand yet
Atmos- again , still undecided.

AVR is a Marantz SR6012.

Sorry for the diversion, but how much did you pay for the SR6012. I have almost rounded off on this and would like to know the cost there vs Bangalore.

I would you to stick to a brand if you think they have done well. Esp. if the JBL has done well for surrounds use the brands ceiling speaker for heights. Too much mixing is not advisable.
In all honesty I was trying to do that but I cant find any good JBL inceiling speakers here. If u find anything I would appreciate it thanks.

I have read and seen the reviews of the paradigms and they were good (only because all my speakers are paradigms). Rest no idea.

Hi Celester...

Please don't get too worried about Atmos speakers , unless you plan to lie on the floor and listen to them for stereo music :D

I can only recommend that you don't commit my mistake. I went for 4 of these speakers for my Atmos setup :
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B000O3TFZO/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are sounding good, nothing exceptional since I never really tried to make out their performance. Which 9 speakers firing, I really can't pay attention to anyone. But if I were to buy new speakers today, I would avoid them because their sensitivity is only 85db. And even my AVR is sr6011, and not much different from your sr6012 in power. So having more sensitive in ceiling speakers will really help the amp to drive everything better.

As long as the speaker can deliver maximum frequencies between the 20hz to 20khz spectrum, has a high sensitivity of 90+ and is at least 4 ohms in impedance, i would not worry if they are in ceiling speakers or car speakers.......

The Blaupunkt suggested sound very good, one can visit an audio dealer and hear them to be convinced....Atmos speakers only provide effects and from a value, performance perspective, I personally feel Car Speakers (2 way or 3 way design) will suffice rather than investing for in-ceiling speakers which are actually meant for announcements and channel music at low levels (using LMT).

Whether in-ceiling speakers or car speakers...max input rms power is between 20w - 55w RMS.....(Audyssey will take care of levels and tonal adjustments).

As long as the speaker can deliver maximum frequencies between the 20hz to 20khz spectrum, has a high sensitivity of 90+ and is at least 4 ohms in impedance, i would not worry if they are in ceiling speakers or car speakers.......

The Blaupunkt suggested sound very good, one can visit an audio dealer and hear them to be convinced....Atmos speakers only provide effects and from a value, performance perspective, I personally feel Car Speakers (2 way or 3 way design) will suffice rather than investing for in-ceiling speakers which are actually meant for announcements and channel music at low levels (using LMT).

Whether in-ceiling speakers or car speakers...max input rms power is between 20w - 55w RMS.....(Audyssey will take care of levels and tonal adjustments).
I think low impedance speakers in the chain and different impedance in different speakers unnecessarily load the amplifier

You can consider this also...
Technical Specifications
  • Speaker Type: 2-way coaxial
  • Woofer: 6.5" polypropylene mica cone
  • Tweeter: 1" fluid-cooled soft dome, swivel
  • Voice Coil: Single
  • Frequency Response: 65 Hz - 28 kHz
  • Impedance: 8 ohms
  • Sensitivity: 90 dB
  • Maximum Input Power: 110 watts
  • Network (Crossover Frequency): 12 dB/oct. (3.5 kHz)
  • Speaker Terminals: Gold-plated, push type
  • Grille: Thin, slim-fringe with magnet catch
  • Dimensions: 9" x 4-1/4" (Diameter x Depth)
  • Mounting Depth: 4-1/4"
  • Weight: 3.3 lbs
  • Package: Pair
Yamaha Custom Easy-to-install In-Ceiling 2-Way 110 watts Moisture Resistant Speaker Set (Pair of 2) with a 6.5" PP Mica Cone Woofer & 1" Fluid-Cooled Soft-Dome Swivel Tweeter

If the amp or avr is capable to drive different speakers at different levels and impedance then there is no issue. The AVR delivers 110watts..discrete amp per channel..the speakers being used for Atmos will use 25-40% of amp power and only work during the special effects....dont see any load challenges....

All electronics get heated up with use...if properly ventilated there is no issue at all......

I think you should also consider the depth of the speakers.. it should fit in you ceiling .. I also liked the speakerkeaft speaker, but I had doubt about it fitting in my ceiling

Yes, for Atmos purpose, one needs to be careful and check all aspects....weight of speaker....the framework of the ceiling and weight it can hold.....etc etc....

Hi there. I'm a new member and doesn't know anything serious about audio or quality of speakers. But I love music and watching action movies and want to upgrade the taste of it myself. Could any one pl help and advice me, if my Speakers selections are ok for good audio quality or should I change them for improvement.
Ur esteemed suggestions are solicited. Good day and good listening.

AVR : Marantz SR 7011
Fronts : Klipsch RF82 ii
Centre : Klipsch RC52 ii
Subs : Dali K14f & Klipsch SW112
Surrounds : Klipsch RB 51 ii
For SB: Quadral Platinum (Can't remember the model no. My bad)
In addition I use Mirage Nanosats as my height speakers for front and back.
They are old but good to deliver.
Sounds good or ok or mischievous?

Welcome to HFV, but could u start another thread of your own? You would get all the help u want. This diluted the OP’s thread I’m sure you understand. Thanks.

which Atmos did you finally go with. I am doing with SR6012 and having LCR with q acoustics concept-20 and now need to round off on Atmos. The dealer is suggesting to go with QA brand (costing 29k) which i feel is not really required.

I’m going to go with taga rb950 most probably. Let’s see, still undecided on this.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back