Avr amp/ processor swap/ rental programme

Saiganesh

Hi all
Here this out!
Since there is no one around offering a demo of what we are purchasing, why dont we in the forum offer what we have for demo to other fellow members on rent ?
lets fix the rent as 10% of current price of the model for a week and if delayed additional 5% for additional weeks.
A security cheque for the current value of avr/avp/ amp can ne deposited and as a spare old avr can be offered also.
may be we could workout on these terms.

Recently upgraded from pioneer lx57 to denon 4800.
Totally disapointed with what denon propses to offer.
In the advent buying a new avr.
Dont want to end up spending higher
So want to try how would marantz or anthem would sound like? Or even a onkyo or pioneer.
dont want to regret another purchase and put money in drain!
this could be helpful for all!
And i am open to offer my denon 4800 on such a programme and i also would like to test marantz or anthem (primarily)!!

I do also have crown xls2502 amp to offer for such a programme also got my old pooneer lx57 which might help how pioneer would sound.

Hi all
Here this out!
Since there is no one around offering a demo of what we are purchasing, why dont we in the forum offer what we have for demo to other fellow members on rent ?
lets fix the rent as 10% of current price of the model for a week and if delayed additional 5% for additional weeks.
A security cheque for the current value of avr/avp/ amp can ne deposited and as a spare old avr can be offered also.

So want to try how would marantz or anthem would sound like? Or even a onkyo or pioneer.
And i am open to offer my denon 4800 on such a programme and i also would like to test marantz or anthem (primarily)!!

I do also have crown xls2502 amp to offer for such a programme also got my old pooneer lx57 which might help how pioneer would sound.
Good suggestion but logistics would be a nightmare. Imagine shipping AVRs/ speakers from one city to another. Within the city you can just request another member and I am sure you will earn an audition without cost :-)

Hi all
Here this out!

This is a great idea/suggestion. I also thought something like this while purchasing the equipment. I am from south Kerala, and if I have to audition anything, I have to travel to Kochin, Bangalore, or even Chennai for the nearest demos.

The problem here is that everyone is using the equipment with different care, so I am worried about the damage that will happen to our equipment, because we have that security deposit, but still we need to fix those damges. Renting or demoing amps/AVR are much safer than speakers. but if we can think and find this idea practicable in the near future, i guess. Thanks for your ideas.

This is a great idea/suggestion. I also thought something like this while purchasing the equipment. I am from south Kerala, and if I have to audition anything, I have to travel to Kochin, Bangalore, or even Chennai for the nearest demos.

The problem here is that everyone is using the equipment with different care, so I am worried about the damage that will happen to our equipment, because we have that security deposit, but still we need to fix those damges. Renting or demoing amps/AVR are much safer than speakers. but if we can think and find this idea practicable in the near future, i guess. Thanks for your ideas.
Oh logistics!!!
Yes thats bothering. But say if we are in the same city then? That way atleast we could demo it!

And even if we travel many shops dont have that particular model on demo.

May be travel to our members who is ready to demo also is good. May be also carry bookshelf speakers or say the tracks or somethng that suits!!

I had proposed exactly the same, almost a decade back here, when my name was still "newlash09". Now in hindsight, there are too many hassles, and if's and but's in this arrangement. What if there is a function or feature I didnt use in the recent past, is actually not working. What if the item is loaned, and returns back exactly as it is. And then maybe I try out that function later, only to find that it is not working. Then does the gentleman who borrowed it, and never tried that function during his audition, have to pay for it. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have enough disputes between buyers and sellers, that the purchased item was not what it was made out to be. This arrangement will open an even larger pandora's box Iam afraid.

I had proposed exactly the same, almost a decade back here, when my name was still "newlash09". Now in hindsight, there are too many hassles, and if's and but's in this arrangement. What if there is a function or feature I didnt use in the recent past, is actually not working. What if the item is loaned, and returns back exactly as it is. And then maybe I try out that function later, only to find that it is not working. Then does the gentleman who borrowed it, and never tried that function during his audition, have to pay for it. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have enough disputes between buyers and sellers, that the purchased item was not what it was made out to be. This arrangement will open an even larger pandora's box Iam afraid.
Yes, get past it with a trust and rappo and we got a wonderful cloud of oppurtunity. When amazon is able to honor return policy then why not we have a trust among us?
I am ready to loan my x4800 and crown xls2502 as to start opening the trust.
Its not going to be a simple yes from me, i rely on my scanning skills and i do trust in people. Most of the people i meet here have been highly trustworthy!!!

Its not the same indians, we have evolved I feel so...!

Posting another issue in anothet thread!!

Yes, get past it with a trust and rappo and we got a wonderful cloud of oppurtunity. When amazon is able to honor return policy then why not we have a trust among us?
I am ready to loan my x4800 and crown xls2502 as to start opening the trust.
Its not going to be a simple yes from me, i rely on my scanning skills and i do trust in people. Most of the people i meet here have been highly trustworthy!!!

Its not the same indians, we have evolved I feel so...!

Posting another issue in anothet thread!!
Haha..my post was just a word of caution, and not meant to be a deterrent 😂 .

Your intention is indeed noble. And I would love to borrow stuff and hear it out in my own system too. So I will leave it to your good selves to get dice rolling :p

How about we just give free demo to forum members within the city. No sending or renting of equipments. People can visit each others' place take a demo a d make the decision to buy the equipment online or offline. They can bring their music or movie collections etc. for the demo.

I think this line is incorrect. A demo is easily available. Its about going to these demo's and asking the dealer if they can provide a demonstration. Historically, Pro Fx used to hand our loudspeakers for demonstration. I have got the old Kef iQ9 at home for demonstration. Maybe they don't do this anymore. Worth asking.

I don't think personal equipment rental is practical in any sense of it. Not unless the loan equipment is in the same city as yours and if that is the case why charge a person! You are trying to help someone make a purchase decision. Not make money off it.

It is also easier to offer a demo of the said equipment at your place instead. It nulls the risk associated with moving and shipping equipment. What are you going to do if the equipment dies in your house while being demo-ed? Are you going to owe up and pay for it! Good luck with that.

I have made several visits over the years to dealers, friends house to hear their equipment. It gives you a pretty good assessment as to how it will sound. Yes, you can't compare to how it will sound in your room but thats something you can work out cause you know your room already.

I think this line is incorrect. A demo is easily available. Its about going to these demo's and asking the dealer if they can provide a demonstration. Historically, Pro Fx used to hand our loudspeakers for demonstration. I have got the old Kef iQ9 at home for demonstration. Maybe they don't do this anymore. Worth asking.

I don't think personal equipment rental is practical in any sense of it. Not unless the loan equipment is in the same city as yours and if that is the case why charge a person! You are trying to help someone make a purchase decision. Not make money off it.

It is also easier to offer a demo of the said equipment at your place instead. It nulls the risk associated with moving and shipping equipment. What are you going to do if the equipment dies in your house while being demo-ed? Are you going to owe up and pay for it! Good luck with that.

I have made several visits over the years to dealers, friends house to hear their equipment. It gives you a pretty good assessment as to how it will sound. Yes, you can't compare to how it will sound in your room but thats something you can work out cause you know your room already.
Absolutely no intention to earn out of it.

Rental was to encourage more members to take part in it and to build more trust amonh us. And alsi may be someone might also see this As a businesz oppurtunity - open a demo centre

In a way I was meaning that I dont mind spending for rent instead of investing totally and then finding out otherwise- which is my recent state.

I wanted to test out onkyo rz70 and yamaha rx a6a and i dont mind paying a rent for it, caz i tried for a home demo with no fruitful return.

I Always invite everyone here to my house and I had met quite a few people here in person and so in person home demo am always in.

Profx had offered me home demo of kef q350 and polk es60. Yes they do when they trust. I had also loaned few gears from many to try at home. And demo at shops are available for limited models and combos. When we have free mind and time (at home) we get to explore more. And that was the intent!!

Yes am looking for a hone demo of yamaha rx a6a and onkyo rz70 and I dont mind paying rent or for free too😁.

Also offering free comparison of crown xls 2502 and anthem mca 326 at my place with polk r700. Can bring your gear too to check the combo!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back