AVR with Sound bar

csunil007

I am planning to buy a home Audio system with an AVR and sound bar.
My requirement is as;
1. AVR
2. Sound bar ( I choose a sound bar as I dont need lengthy wires in my room for speakers and speaker stands.)
My budget is maximum Rs.50,000/-.
please suggest the best AVR and sound bar ( should I use a passive sound bar?)

There is no such thing as a passive sound bar paired with an AVR. Unless you're content with a single center channel speaker. Seems impractical as a solution.

Get a sound bar from the likes of Bose, Sony, JBL and you should be fine. As long as the goal is to improve TV audio, don't expect much more out of them.

My requirement is as;
1. AVR
2. Sound bar ( I choose a sound bar as I dont need lengthy wires in my room for speakers and speaker stands.)

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

There is no such thing as a passive sound bar paired with an AVR. Unless you're content with a single center channel speaker. Seems impractical as a solution.

Get a sound bar from the likes of Bose, Sony, JBL and you should be fine. As long as the goal is to improve TV audio, don't expect much more out of them.
Incorrect - there are plenty of passive LCR sound bars available that one can connect to an AVR. Examples include the Elac Muro MS-B41L, the Klipsch RP-440D-SB, or some options from Triad. All need an AVR to drive them

Incorrect - there are plenty of passive LCR sound bars available that one can connect to an AVR. Examples include the Elac Muro MS-B41L, the Klipsch RP-440D-SB, or some options from Triad. All need an AVR to drive them
Haven’t come across these products. Thanks for sharing.
However, there might not come under the budget mentioned by OP.

Yes, agreed. I think the best product for OP’s requirement of no cables and 50k is an active soundbar either with a built in sub ( Sonos Arc or Klipsch Core 100 ), or a soundbar with a wireless sub

I think the definition of a Soundbar in most peoples minds are one that is driven. I don't know why anyone would want a passive one and deal with the headache of an AVR in the middle of it.

From the sounds of it, the FM might also be misinformed and think that any Sound bar can be connected to an AVR.

I think the definition of a Soundbar in most peoples minds are one that is driven. I don't know why anyone would want a passive one and deal with the headache of an AVR in the middle of it.

From the sounds of it, the FM might also be misinformed and think that any Sound bar can be connected to an AVR.
That may be - but a lot of the “custom install” brands have passive LCR bars as solutions, such as the ones I mentioned. Some of them even have custom finishes and lengths to match tv widths.

A passive LCR sound bar with an AVR and say in-ceiling surrounds is a neat, clutter free solution. It’ll sound better than a lot of active sound bars with poorer electronics, and lower quality drivers. If you go with an AVR that has Dirac, you can also calibrate the system.

I however would choose either an on-wall or in-wall discrete ( three separate ) speaker solution over an LCR passive sound bar.

I think avr is separate where we need to connect speakers and sub . Soundbar is totally a different one. Yoh can just plug it and play. You can feg some decent sound bars in your budget. Polk,Yamaha, Bose,sony ,Jbl etc. Check sony Htg700 soundbar .

I however would choose either an on-wall or in-wall discrete ( three separate ) speaker solution over an LCR passive sound bar.
For 50k INR, I am not sure how you are going to achieve this setup. If you do manage to find a solution that can we done, do share that here.

For 50k INR, I am not sure how you are going to achieve this setup. If you do manage to find a solution that can we done, do share that here.
Please read my previous post in this thread. I’ve said at 50K, the best option is a powered sound bar.

You posted asking why anyone would prefer a passive sound bar - and that is what I have a perspective to in the post you’ve quoted.

My requirement is as;
1. AVR
Check klipsch ,polk,bose, sonus soundbars.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back