Bookshelf speakers for Cambridge Audio SR10

narenvaidee

Please suggest some bookshelf speakers for the SR10. Since this has a sub-out, I'm already on the hunt for a good sub (contacted an FM for one). At present, I've connected the amp to a pair of old JBL control 1 speakers - all good, except bass (this was expected, so no surprise here).

I'm looking at a good pair of budget bookshelfs that don't have big woofers as I'll be using the sub. Will JBL Arena 120 suit? Tannoy Eclipse 1 is also somewhere in that range. Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Naren

Please mention your approx budget.

Given the options, looks like u are looking to spend around 20K.

Check out dali Zensor or wharfedale 220.

How is CA SR10 in terms of performance?

I've connected the amp to a pair of old JBL control 1 speakers
I'm looking at a good pair of budget bookshelfs that don't have big woofers as I'll be using the sub. Will JBL Arena 120 suit? Tannoy Eclipse 1 is also somewhere in that range.

If you already have JBL control 1, then there isn't much that you would gain in upgrading speakers as you will have subwoofer in your set-up to produce lows..

BA 26 or Elac are good. But Elac are out of your budget. Tannoys are also good. Pl listen and audition those with your Ears and take your plunge. I had owned BA ,Tannoys . they are damn good. Elac is out of comparison.

Get the subwoofer and live with them and the JBL bookshelf speakers for some time like a month or two. Dial in the sub to match the speakers. After a couple of months if you still feel the need to upgrade the JBL speakers, up the budget as 15k speakers will not be a big improvement as the subwoofer should fix the bass problem.

Please suggest some bookshelf speakers for the SR10. Since this has a sub-out, I'm already on the hunt for a good sub (contacted an FM for one). At present, I've connected the amp to a pair of old JBL control 1 speakers - all good, except bass (this was expected, so no surprise here).

I'm looking at a good pair of budget bookshelfs that don't have big woofers as I'll be using the sub. Will JBL Arena 120 suit? Tannoy Eclipse 1 is also somewhere in that range. Look forward to your suggestions.

Thanks,
Naren
Cambridge audio is known to have a somewhat laid back sound signature that is less engaging. So you have to first decide what type of sound signature you want, laid back or neutral or forward and then choose the speakers accordingly.

Cambridge audio is known to have a somewhat laid back sound signature that is less engaging. So you have to first decide what type of sound signature you want, laid back or neutral or forward and then choose the speakers accordingly.
I've got a pair of GoldenEar AON3s. Have never experienced music like this before. I think CA has the perfect balance in sound signature, and is definitely not laid back. But I've come to experience that the source inputs affect the sound drastically as there's no 'loudness' option that you find in most entry-level amps.

I've got a pair of GoldenEar AON3s. Have never experienced music like this before. I think CA has the perfect balance in sound signature, and is definitely not laid back. But I've come to experience that the source inputs affect the sound drastically as there's no 'loudness' option that you find in most entry-level amps.
That is what I said, speaker matching is very important, and in your case amp and speaker have synergized well, hence you have got the sound you like. It is also very much true that source inputs definitely affect the sound quality.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back