Bookshelf Spkrs options for Marantz PM6005

nn_in

Current spkr set up is Q Acosutics 2020i with a Marantz CD5005 Source and PM6005 Amp.

Request FMs to suggest other bookshelfs only upto 1 Lac assuming the sonic
signature improves significantly

Concept 20 is also under consideration

Hello Sir,

What type of Music you prefer also any plans to Upgrade the Amp as well? Could you share you room size too, so that FM Suggest the BS or FS

Just my observation, just have some portion of fund for Acoustic treatment too,just because the Hi end set up too could fail to impress when we have acoustic.

22FtX12Ft
Bookshelf only
Music : All India and fusion vocal and instrumental genre's and less of western clsssical & metal ;low volume listening
Why upgrade the Amp ?

Current spkr set up is Q Acosutics 2020i with a Marantz CD5005 Source and PM6005 Amp.

Request FMs to suggest other bookshelfs only upto 1 Lac assuming the sonic
signature improves significantly

Concept 20 is also under consideration

Q Acosutics 2020i & Concept 20 are similar speaker only difference is its cabinet.

Now dont expect an overwhelming difference if you change your speaker.

Why are you changing your amp. stick to it,go for better source cable power etc.

Sir upgradation is an ever changing process.

If you spend 1 lac check Focal,Dali ikon,Elac,Dynaudio ,MA etc

Again after someday you start thinking upgrade your amp. too:))

Think before you leap.

Regards
Max

As suggested by other FM your Budget Focal,Dali ikon,Elac,Dynaudio even you could as Usher to your List. But the they need some power to push the speakers to make big sound.

Hence I asked you whether you have any plans to upgrade the Amplifier as well.

You should take part in the What if show,Bangalore to have hassle free demo to decided on your speakers

Great to see an interest in a bookshelf speaker! Welcome to the club!

The Dynaudios are great speakers but I'm afraid the 6005 may not be able to drive them. Dynaudios need power. I would recommend a speaker which will present a nice easy load on your amp. Spend as much as you can on a good speaker and take your time as it is the most important part of your setup - the part that is directly responsible for the sound you will hear.

Speakers that meet this criteria are the Blumenhofers which Jochen Semmler sells from the The Listening Room. He had some one sale recently but you can enquire from others who have these speakers. They are very easy loads and sound very nice.

All the best!

Ever tried axiom audio?

No I am not a reseller as they are internet direct sales model.

Check the M22 bookshelf.
Is a 2 way 8ohm speaker.

Thank you FMs for the response.
Would prefer easily/locally available brands as its easier to sell and upgrade.
Making a list from the FMs response for locally available.
Dali Zensor 3
B&W 685 s2 ?
Klipsch Premium ?

I think PM6005 power 45W across the audio spectrum as specified should be good enough.

Amps : Denom PMA720AE or equivalent.

Whathifi Bglr : Ok will chk this out but most of the focus may be on floorstanders

i am not too sure of this.

please exhaust other options first - like proper speaker placement.

If i were you i would :-

a. sell the Marantz amp first and add to the budget.
b. Go for the naim nait 5si - on sale on hifiads
c. Run it with the current speakers. It should go well.
d. After a few months if not happy, look for a nice source ( CDP or DAC )

do it component by component... step by step..

ofcourse YMMV..

My thinking is source first. I suggested the amp first simply because there is a Nice naim nait 5si ( 60w ) on sale on Hifiads and the seller is in bangalore as well ( caveat - i have no interest in the sale )

The Nait 5si is a quality component and you can take your speakers to see how it goes and then decide.

The Naim 60W is quality power. This will drive many speakers comfortably.

Note - i see a used PM 8003 as well - if that floats your boat.

Audition first please.

regards

Irrespective of price point, you should look for how well do both your speaker and the amplifier deal with each other (synergy)... always spend a good amount of time listening to how your favorite source and choice of music sounds with them.

Finally, the most important bit after all is actually setting up the speakers in your room... (something most people ignore), this approach gets you a step closer to your dream set-up.

Personally, if I had the coin, Dynaudio Excite X16 speakers are the level I would be looking at.

Few links on the same subject for you info:

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/28013-best-bookshelf-speakers-under-2000-a.html

Dynaudio Excite X16 Review (review by our moderator Sid)

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...utstanding-value-money-1-lakh-these-days.html

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back