Speakers suggestions for Marantz NR1200

chefcurry

Hi, fellow FMs,

Needed some suggestions for bookshelf speakers that could be paired with Marantz NR1200, preferentially under 30-40K.

Brief background - I purchased the Marantz NR1200 with the Wharfedale Diamond 12.3s back in May last year to get an all-in-one system with streaming capabilities. Over the course of a year, I ended up making a few upgrades - bought a Project Carbon turntable, Project Phono pre-amp, WiiM Streamer, and outboard DAC, and finally, upgraded to an Audiolab 6000A. Now that the Marantz NR1200 is lying idle, I have two options - either to sell it (not going to get great value, even though it is under warranty) or to buy bookshelf speakers and put the amp to use in some other room in my house.

Through my research, I had shortlisted a couple of speakers and wanted to understand from fellow FMs the SQ and pairing with Marantz for the following -
  • Mission LX-3
  • Mission QX-2
  • Dali Spektor 2
  • ELAC B6.2
  • Q Acoustics 3030i
  • Fyne F301
Would welcome other recommendations under 30-40K!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi, fellow FMs,

Needed some suggestions for bookshelf speakers that could be paired with Marantz NR1200, preferentially under 30-40K.

Brief background - I purchased the Marantz NR1200 with the Wharfedale Diamond 12.3s back in May last year to get an all-in-one system with streaming capabilities. Over the course of a year, I ended up making a few upgrades - bought a Project Carbon turntable, Project Phono pre-amp, WiiM Streamer, and outboard DAC, and finally, upgraded to an Audiolab 6000A. Now that the Marantz NR1200 is lying idle, I have two options - either to sell it (not going to get great value, even though it is under warranty) or to buy bookshelf speakers and put the amp to use in some other room in my house.

Through my research, I had shortlisted a couple of speakers and wanted to understand from fellow FMs the SQ and pairing with Marantz for the following -
  • Mission LX-3
  • Mission QX-2
  • Dali Spektor 2
  • ELAC B6.2
  • Q Acoustics 3030i
  • Fyne F301
Would welcome other recommendations under 30-40K!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

The NR1200 is capable to drive almost all Bookshelf speakers and depending on where you will use the amp and available space, get those specific bookshelf speakers which can deliver quality sound and punch.

If you dont want to spend too much check pre owned over Classifieds, OLX and Facebook Market Place.

The NR1200 is capable to drive almost all Bookshelf speakers and depending on where you will use the amp and available space, get those specific bookshelf speakers which can deliver quality sound and punch.

If you dont want to spend too much check pre owned over Classifieds, OLX and Facebook Market Place.
I live in Delhi and I wasn’t able to find many options here in that budget over both these forums. If you have any leads that would be amazing!

I live in Delhi and I wasn’t able to find many options here in that budget over both these forums. If you have any leads that would be amazing!
Here are some pre owned leads, I can vouch for the Bose 301s V as I used them on a Marantz, placement matters.

Second option would be the PSBs, Polks, B&Ws etc. Would recommend you audition before purchase the same music/movie clip in order to draw a reference in your mind before finalising.

All the best!

Q Acoustics punch way over their price point. Excellent choice. I have the 3050i towers and they are absolute beasts for the money. I love them. The 3030i bookshelves are very well reviewed and have very similar characteristics. Mine are paired with a Denon setup and Marantz has similar signatures and are supposed to pair well with them. I think you won’t be disappointed. On the other hand, for less money, you can probably get great deals in the used market. There are usually plenty of quality speakers floating around for dirt cheap. Facebook marketplace is a good place to start.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back