Bookshelves from USA

What are you going to place the bookshelves on?
In case you are thinking of buying stands then you may end up paying (spk + stand) as much as a floorstander.
True that. Though it is not the money i am concerned much about. It is the space in my living room and also the fact that i have a toddler at home to fiddle with my equipment. So staying away from floorstanders.
With bookshelves i am planning to create couple of wooden shelves a little above my TV.

way over your budget but.. very good deal.

For purchases from abroad and that too for refurbished/used ones, I would be hesitant to spend much. So capped my budget to 300USD.

For purchases from abroad and that too for refurbished/used ones, I would be hesitant to spend much. So capped my budget to 300USD.
But pushing it a bit further (by another $100) will get you very good speakers which will last a lifetime and make you happy every time you listen to them. Value for money is most when you get it from there, especially pre-owned or refurbished.

I bought the emotiva B1 from Canada at your price range.

These are currently out of stock. But they should have refubrished ones if you email their sales dept.

True that. Though it is not the money i am concerned much about. It is the space in my living room and also the fact that i have a toddler at home to fiddle with my equipment. So staying away from floorstanders.
With bookshelves i am planning to create couple of wooden shelves a little above my TV.
If placed on wooden shelves close to the wall then you may require front ported speakers

Last edited by a moderator:
I think wharfedale 225 would suit for music and movies. that can be bought locallly aswell, the price is however > 20k

another great value is Polk LSiM703, they are a bit expensive $700/pair from adorama. But a great bargain if bought from U.S .

Now here is a real bargain! Grab these, quick!

How does Jamo compare to Klipsch or Elac?

And now Amazon drops this for the best sub $200 5.0 package!!:
This looks a very tempting deal, though to carry the entire setup from US is going to be challenging!

And the 803s too!

S803 whites now at 117 USD on Amazon!! Thinking of buying these.

And s801s at 79 USD!

Elac, esp the Debit series are very bass heavy. For around 400 USD, buying blind, get the best Polk you can. Great for movies and music and most importantly works really well with just about any decent AVR or amp. Some speakers require certain gear for them to shine in all their glory. With Polk's you can't go wrong. IMHO, they are the most under rated speakers of all.

Good pick, make sure to drive them with at least 50wpc amp. Enjoy :)
Now I will continue building my HT with purchases from here in India. First up is the amp. I don't have much knowledge on amps. Though I dont intend to use high volumes on my HT as loud sounds are a taboo in my society. Nonetheless i feel bare minimum is essential. I mostly intend to go for either Denon or Marantz as I have read that these are well known brands in receivers.

Now I will continue building my HT with purchases from here in India. First up is the amp. I don't have much knowledge on amps. Though I dont intend to use high volumes on my HT as loud sounds are a taboo in my society. Nonetheless i feel bare minimum is essential. I mostly intend to go for either Denon or Marantz as I have read that these are well known brands in receivers.
If your budget permits, go for Marantz 6014 or Denon x3600 which have preouts. Then later on, add a decent sub like SVS or Rythmik.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back