Bose speaker-warranty and service centre details

vidh2024

I have Bose soundlink mini 2 (bluetooth portable speaker).Now it's not charging and not turning on.. I went to authorised service centre in chennai and they quoted 7000rs(board issue) 🙄.so I didn't repair it.
I have two questions now:
1) It was bought 3 yrs back and I thought one year warranty only.. But now through this forum, I came to know that some Bose products have 5 yrs warranty.. How to know the warranty details.
2) Any other good service centre in Chennai for repairing Bose speakers as authorised service centre is quoting a high price.

One way to find out is to walk into a Bose store as a potential customer for a Bluetooth speaker (maybe the current on sale soundlink mini) and ask them how long is the warranty. If yes, then present the bill.

The longer warranties are usually there for higher priced products. I doubt for a cheap (In Bose speak) little speaker.

The unfortunate bit about such proprietary designs is that only Bose can fix it and its technically not a 'repair'. They are just changing the board. If they can offer you a decent warranty for the new board, then it might be okay to pay for the next one cause you're not an entire new Bose unit for that much. Now if that 7,000 INR can get you a new JBL, then I won't bother fixing that Bose

One way to find out is to walk into a Bose store as a potential customer for a Bluetooth speaker (maybe the current on sale soundlink mini) and ask them how long is the warranty. If yes, then present the bill.

The longer warranties are usually there for higher priced products. I doubt for a cheap (In Bose speak) little speaker.

The unfortunate bit about such proprietary designs is that only Bose can fix it and its technically not a 'repair'. They are just changing the board. If they can offer you a decent warranty for the new board, then it might be okay to pay for the next one cause you're not an entire new Bose unit for that much. Now if that 7,000 INR can get you a new JBL, then I won't bother fixing that Bose
Thanks so much for the detailed reply..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back