Bringing speakers from UK to India (Q Acoustics)?

Hanniel Johnson

Hello everyone!

Hanniel here. I am new to the AV segment. I am looking to setup a home theater in my bedroom. I am based in Chennai and after a bit of research, I have decided to go with Q Acoustics 3030i and 3090ci for LCR and 3010i as surround with QB12 as sub. Local dealers are quoting me around two lakhs for the setup. Interestingly, the same is being sold as a package in the UK for 900GBP (Rs.90k approx.). I travel frequently to the UK but I have never brought anything of value from the UK to India other than chocolates (haha). Is it legal to bring the speakers from the UK to India by simply putting it in the checked luggage? If not, is there any proper way to do it? The price difference seems to be too good to ignore.

Also any suggestion of better products for my soon to be setup is always welcome. These speakers are going to be paired with Denon x1800h AVR.

Thanks!

You can bring speakers in a checking bag. I have brought a pair of speakers from Europe without any issues, even without the original package. But talking LCR, surrounds, and subwoofer, I don't know if you can make it. or bring LCR in one time, and next time think about surroundings.

I think you can get a good deal for Q acoustics in India itself, and you can buy a 5.1 setup at a time without worrying about duty-free. But if you are looking for B&W or other high-end speakers, they are worth carrying from the UK compared to Indian prices. (I could suggest you bring the B&W 5.0 package from the UK and buy a subwoofer here.)

I've brought all my Hi-Fi gear from the UK.

Trick is to remove all original packging and pack it the large plastic containers you get from places like B & Q. You can hand it in as fragile item during check-in and it will get loaded separately onto the aircraft. Goa airport never bothered checking, not too sure re process at lager city airports.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back