Cornwall iv

joe1068

Hello all,

I have been eying these for a little while. Since they have been out for a few years I am curious about those who had had them a while and how you still feel about them. If sold them what you changed to.

If anyone has had both Tektons and the Cornwalls would love to hear those impressions as well.

i have no idea about tektons. but few years back i have audition la scala and cornwall they are amazing speakers . cornwall is great for vocals and also mid range is amazing . i would say cornwall is a mini version of la scala worth considering . but they dont be great for rock /pop music i guess .they shine more in vocals, jazz and also blues thats what i experienced .

Hello all,

I have been eying these for a little while. Since they have been out for a few years I am curious about those who had had them a while and how you still feel about them. If sold them what you changed to.

If anyone has had both Tektons and the Cornwalls would love to hear those impressions as well.
I do not own the Cornwalls but have auditioned the Cornwall IV on two occasions. Here are my impressions.

Sounds large, crisp vocals, with powerful good bass. Out of box sounds tiny and flat. Takes a while to break-in. Dynamics are amongst the best I have heard and is definitely its strong suit. Despite being a horn speaker, the treble is not piercing and therefore can be run with Solid-state amps too. The midrange gives it its missing finesse.
The mids could be just a smidge more palpable and highs could be a little more refined. You don't observe these until you also audition the La Scalas side by side. (p.s. La Scalas are very different from the Cornwalls).

Despite being a large box speaker, the phantom center image was super precise and listening to Elvis' Fever, yes Elvis was in the room snapping his fingers. It was quite spooky.

These are polarizing speakers, just like an American muscle car. Big in size, may lack nuances, rough at edges but powerful, imposing and just loads and loads of fun. My suggestion would be to carefully put some extended auditioning hours (on an already burnt-in sample). It could well be your last new speakers.

Last edited:
I do not own the Cornwalls but have auditioned the Cornwall IV on two occasions. Here are my impressions.

Sounds large, crisp vocals, with powerful good bass. Out of box sounds tiny and flat. Takes a while to break-in. Dynamics are amongst the best I have heard and is definitely its strong suit. Despite being a horn speaker, the treble is not piercing and therefore can be run with Solid-state amps too. The midrange gives it its missing finesse.
The mids could be just a smidge more palpable and highs could be a little more refined. You don't observe these until you also audition the La Scalas side by side. (p.s. La Scalas are very different from the Cornwalls).

Despite being a large box speaker, the phantom center image was super precise and listening to Elvis' Fever, yes Elvis was in the room snapping his fingers. It was quite spooky.

These are polarizing speakers, just like an American muscle car. Big in size, may lack nuances, rough at edges but powerful, imposing and just loads and loads of fun. My suggestion would be to carefully put some extended auditioning hours (on an already burnt-in sample). It could well be your last new speakers.
Well put. spooky, dynamic, fun, polarizing aptly describes house sound

I really liked live and at times spooky real presentation of rp-600m paired with SET amplifiers when i owned it, seriously considered Forte/Cornwall but pricing in India is not encouraging.

So true Murali, After hearing to a system with Heresy IV, I wanted to purchase it right away. This was in 2022. But the bangalore retailers quote at nearly 2x the US selling price put me off. Any questions on price were answered by "this is my price, take it or leave it". Never went back. But yes, the day the prices in India are saner , I will be the first to purchase it.

Klipsch can have a huge market in India but their local distributor is just fumbling around. The La Scala is a proper end game speaker for many and would be a fantastic buy. But nope - local pricing is just loony.

Klipsch can have a huge market in India but their local distributor is just fumbling around. The La Scala is a proper end game speaker for many and would be a fantastic buy. But nope - local pricing is just loony.
how much does the La Scala retail for in India? In the US the AL5 is about $13,000, around 11 lakhs

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back