Dirac - Queries

chander

Hi all,

I recently got a Denon X3800H & had a few queries that I couldn't find direct answers to after searching for a few days. Hence seeking help here.

So here is what I am looking at -
Using Dirac live for optimisation of my HT system. I currently have a single sub but I a second subwoofer is in the books in the near future. Hence a few questions -

1 - Do you need the Dirac Bass control software along with the full bandwidth?
2 - I know Dirac sells these licences as device specific, however in the future if I change my AVR - do I need to buy another licence?

****Please note - I have already adjusted my new system with Audyssey Multi EQ iOS app and for all intent and purposes, it is doing fine. However, considering this receiver does support Dirac, I wanted to give it a try, but do not want to realise later that I bought the "inadequate version".

Thanks!

Hi all,

I recently got a Denon X3800H & had a few queries that I couldn't find direct answers to after searching for a few days. Hence seeking help here.

Using Dirac live for optimisation of my HT system. I currently have a single sub but I a second subwoofer is in the books in the near future. Hence a few questions -

2 - I know Dirac sells these licences as device specific, however in the future if I change my AVR - do I need to buy another licence?

****Please note - I have already adjusted my new system with Audyssey Multi EQ iOS app and for all intent and purposes, it is doing fine. However, considering this receiver does support Dirac, I wanted to give it a try, but do not want to realise later that I bought the "inadequate version".

Thanks!
yes, you need to have bass control software for bass calibration.
yes you have to buy another license again.

Hi all,

Thanks!
1. Dirac Live full bandwidth optimizes from 20Hz to 20kHz, including the subwoofer. For denon, license is $350.
2. Dirac Live Bass Control does additional optimization on the subwoofer. You can buy the single sub license ( $350 ) or multi sub ( $500 ).

DLBC does make a big difference especially with multiple subs, but in my opinion for one sub the full bandwidth gets you most of the way there

The license is device specific - so if you change even to another x3800H, you need to buy the license again

If
Hi all,

Thanks!
If you havd alreasy audissy app which is may be 20 dollers no need to buy dirac. Instead you may go for second sib which is on books. Complete dirac will cost you around 700 dollers. You may go for power amp. Inless you have dedicated room which is calibrated with audissy and if you are not satified then you can buy complete dirac pack

Iam also thinking of buy dirac license. But after calibration from audissy app i feel satisfied

he is looking for an additional sub. also just the pure Dirac does poor job of sub integration.
I disagree - I’ve used Dirac full bandwidth in my setup and there is an appreciable improvement in the bass integration ( also audible in much improved mids ). DLBC will of course take it up a notch

I disagree - I’ve used Dirac full bandwidth in my setup and there is an appreciable improvement in the bass integration ( also audible in much improved mids ). DLBC will of course take it up a notch
compared to a Minidsp manual calibration or even Audyssey one , Dirac full width bass integration is very poor.

compared to a Minidsp manual calibration or even Audyssey one , Dirac full width bass integration is very poor.
I’ve used Audessy with the same setup in the past - Dirac beat it hollow, no comparison. That’s probably why after pouring jn money into Audessy, Denon Marantz have finally enabled Dirac, because they couldn’t compete when it came to room calibration - though Dirac on D&M is paid.

Guess at the end of the day it boils down to how much one would invest and how much satisfied one is with the current setup.

As for me I have used Audyssey over the last 12+ years through various Marantz models and feels its good enough but now want to try something different and looking to see if Yamaha Aventage will give me a good playback performance or not.
At the same time also planning to downsize to a stereo setup. Let's see how things work out. Still reviewing and deciding! well that's me!

I’ve used Audessy with the same setup in the past - Dirac beat it hollow, no comparison. That’s probably why after pouring jn money into Audessy, Denon Marantz have finally enabled Dirac, because they couldn’t compete when it came to room calibration - though Dirac on D&M is paid.
I think you have not read my post correctly. i am talking about the new Audyssey one, which gives the same results compared to audyssey multi eq x when tuned correctly. multi eq x(pc software) and Audyssey one gives lots of manual controls and can make the system sound better than dirac for free (audyssey one). manual calibration with mini dsp can get you even better results.

Btw which AVR and sub did you try Dirac full bandwidth with vs Audyssey? I’m assuming it was the same system ?
ya, even in the same exact receiver (any new denon) . manual calibration with DSP beats(bass region) Dirac any day if you know the process. it is about getting maximum controls to tune the system. that is the reason why higher end systems like anthem, trinnov ,storm audio etc costs more . multi eq x(requires some effort) or free tool like audyssey one (very easy) get you similar results as a full bandwidth dirac at a very low cost. proper acoustics and professional tuning costs less than a full Dirac license in India.

ya, even in the same exact receiver (any new denon) . manual calibration with DSP beats(bass region) Dirac any day if you know the process. it is about getting maximum controls to tune the system. that is the reason why higher end systems like anthem, trinnov ,storm audio etc costs more . multi eq x(requires some effort) or free tool like audyssey one (very easy) get you similar results as a full bandwidth dirac at a very low cost. proper acoustics and professional tuning costs less than a full Dirac license in India.
Used audissy one. Really good. Dropped idea of purchasing durac license. My eye are now on power amp.

It would be nice if people saying they like dirac better or audyssey mentioning wether they use a ported subwoofer or sealed

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back