Dirac - Queries

Used audissy one. Really good. Dropped idea of purchasing durac license. My eye are now on power amp.
I just moved from a mid segment Marantz SR 6013 with the Audyssey app to separates (Arcam AV41) with Dirac Live.

The immersion, detail, panning, bass definition are far superior compared to the old setup. I am not sure yet if it’s because of the new gear or Dirac Live or both (most likely both).

Having said that, if you are on a budget, the $20 Audyssey app offers solid value, and that’s all you might just need

I just moved from a mid segment Marantz SR 6013 with the Audyssey app to separates (Arcam AV41) with Dirac Live.

The immersion, detail, panning, bass definition are far superior compared to the old setup. I am not sure yet if it’s because of the new gear or Dirac Live or both (most likely both).

Having said that, if you are on a budget, the $20 Audyssey app offers solid value, and that’s all you might just need
Audissy app is good.

I Guess you mean audysy mobile app right?

Arcam wow!! Amp??

Hi all,

I recently got a Denon X3800H & had a few queries that I couldn't find direct answers to after searching for a few days. Hence seeking help here.

So here is what I am looking at -
Using Dirac live for optimisation of my HT system. I currently have a single sub but I a second subwoofer is in the books in the near future. Hence a few questions -

1 - Do you need the Dirac Bass control software along with the full bandwidth?
2 - I know Dirac sells these licences as device specific, however in the future if I change my AVR - do I need to buy another licence?

****Please note - I have already adjusted my new system with Audyssey Multi EQ iOS app and for all intent and purposes, it is doing fine. However, considering this receiver does support Dirac, I wanted to give it a try, but do not want to realise later that I bought the "inadequate version".

Thanks!
Does the AVR have 10 band parametric EQ in built for each channel ? In that case you can use REW and calibrate manually or through file upload to the AVR depending on AVR features. All you will have to invest in is a measuring mike such as Umik. Other info like speaker distance, levels, etc can be managed manually or through Audyssey. But do check manual access to the PEQ for each channel. REW can come very close to Dirac if done correctly.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back