Dune Hd max

Rahul0909

Hello All,

I came across one used media player named Dune hd max. I wanted to know on this player if this is any good for stereo music listening on tower speakers. Please share your thoughts on same.

Which version is this one. I used to own the 1st version of the Dune HD Max this many moons back. It is essentially a bluray player with intwernal bay for connecting SATA drives. You can use it both as a CD transport or as a CD player. As a transport should be better if you have a dedicated DAC.

Hello All,

I came across one used media player named Dune hd max. I wanted to know on this player if this is any good for stereo music listening on tower speakers. Please share your thoughts on same.
Using it. Stereo...hmm good...outstanding?? Cant say...not done critical listening...connected via hdmi!

Which version is this one. I used to own the 1st version of the Dune HD Max this many moons back. It is essentially a bluray player with intwernal bay for connecting SATA drives. You can use it both as a CD transport or as a CD player. As a transport should be better if you have a dedicated DAC.
I don’t have a dedicated dac. Do you mean without having an external dac this won’t sound good on stereo? My main interest is listening to music by particularly playing to flac audio files.

I don’t have a dedicated dac. Do you mean without having an external dac this won’t sound good on stereo? My main interest is listening to music by particularly playing to flac audio files.
Will sound good. I said that if you have a dedicated DAC, you can use it that way as well. In general, preferable to use an outboard DAC with DVD/Bluray players.

Will sound good. I said that if you have a dedicated DAC, you can use it that way as well. In general, preferable to use an outboard DAC with DVD/Bluray players.
Thank you for the info. Can you please suggest any good budget dac to look for?

Hello All,

I had one a few years ago. It was a fairly good media player with decent SQ and PQ. Unfortunately it stopped playing BD discs due to issues with updating firmware. It did play CDs quite nicely. It's internal dac was not named but seemed to be decent.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back