Norge 1000 with their Tower Speakers

Narrower wall would be better for stereo Imaging, plus incase you decide to go multichannel path in future
Keeping the speaker along with narrower wall (and directed towards the length) will cause lots of wall reflections to end up at listener's ears - in which case how will this help in stereo imaging?

Why don't you consider some diy speaker builds? These sound a lot better than branded ones in the same price range.

If you have a standard, rectangular room, the best positioning involves placing the speakers facing the length of the room. They should sit in the first third of the room, with at least one meter of space between each speaker and the wall next to it.

Attachments

• 705939.jpg
    705939.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 8
Why don't you consider some diy speaker builds? These sound a lot better than branded ones in the same price range.
Do you know a place in Mumbai who can prepare cabinet. I can supply the drivers and other materials. Thanks

how will this help in stereo imaging
I prefer the old school way of speaker placement. If placed on the longer side of the wall , the speaker placement and listener position will result in "near field" listening experience. As for wall reflections, lots of tweaking in speaker placement and some absorption/ diffuser arrangements is required- thanks to our all concrete marble, glass and tiles type of building materials (not forgetting the aluminum sliding windows and MS safety grill)
Do you know a place in Mumbai who can prepare cabinet. I can supply the drivers and other materials. Thanks
I get my boxes made as per my specs from a shop in kharghar. 9821921152,8108932152 Ahmed

Last edited:
I prefer the old school way of speaker placement. If placed on the longer side of the wall , the speaker placement and listener position will result in "near field" listening experience. As for wall reflections, lots of tweaking in speaker placement and some absorption/ diffuser arrangements is required- thanks to our all concrete marble, glass and tiles type of building materials (not forgetting the aluminum sliding windows and MS safety grill)
Something like the rule of 1/3rds (and forming the equilateral triangle as the diagram above shows)?
Yes, that will emphasize the direct sound instead of reflected sound - but it does eat up a lot into the room space ...

Placement along the longer wall.
this will be more suitable for near field listening
please ignore the dimensions mentioned but the 1/3rd rule still remains.

Attachments

• 705943.jpg
    705943.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 8
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back