Elite Saptak Balanced amplifier?

which one ?? O&B?? Not sure Soum.. I did ask Aniket long back and did not get a straight response.. so IDK.. May be he can comment if he is reading the thread.
I mean in general any amp that uses an opamp or transformer to create an inverted output is not truly balanced.

For balanced you need two signal paths and all components need to be doubled as both the + and - signals need to be treated individually in the same manner.

Saw this on instagram
Anyone has this amplifier?
Please share your experience, opinion and impressions if you do
View attachment 84978View attachment 84978

I auditioned this amp in a test cabinet about a month ago. At that time, it hadn't been officially launched, so they didn't have the production version available for demo, but the internals were identical to the final product. They specifically requested not to post or share anything until the official launch.
I'm not very technical, so I didn't understand a lot of the explanations, but what I gathered is that each channel isn't a single amplifier; instead, there are two separate amplifiers per channel. In terms of sound quality, it was fantastic. On many of my tracks, I heard some instruments for the very first time, which I believe means that the amplifier is very detailed and resolving. I've visited some of very high end stores in the past, but nothing stood out on my test tracks like this amp did. The pricing wasn't finalized at the time, but on the launch day when asked, I was told it would be 2L per monoblock. Amit also mentioned that many new amplifiers in balanced topology are in the pipeline and slated for release soon.

Amit also mentioned that many new amplifiers in balanced topology are in the pipeline and slated for release soon.

My main concern is that while we have many exceptional power amps available in the market, there are limited matching preamp options. Finding a compatible preamp can be an expensive endeavor.

My main concern is that while we have many exceptional power amps available in the market, there are limited matching preamp options. Finding a compatible preamp can be an expensive endeavor.
This is a very serious issue, I happened to take my PA to a HIFI member's residence and paired it with his emotiva preamp. It was terrible to say the least. Pairing equipment is a serious business. While his Emotiva PA and PreAmp was in a different league.

I auditioned this amp in a test cabinet about a month ago. At that time, it hadn't been officially launched, so they didn't have the production version available for demo, but the internals were identical to the final product. They specifically requested not to post or share anything until the official launch.
I'm not very technical, so I didn't understand a lot of the explanations, but what I gathered is that each channel isn't a single amplifier; instead, there are two separate amplifiers per channel. In terms of sound quality, it was fantastic. On many of my tracks, I heard some instruments for the very first time, which I believe means that the amplifier is very detailed and resolving. I've visited some of very high end stores in the past, but nothing stood out on my test tracks like this amp did. The pricing wasn't finalized at the time, but on the launch day when asked, I was told it would be 2L per monoblock. Amit also mentioned that many new amplifiers in balanced topology are in the pipeline and slated for release soon.
Thanks for sharing :)

I recently saw a youtube video of a presentation by an Esoteric audio dealer in south Korea. He was lamenting the demise of high end audio brands from South Korea, barring Aurender and Allnic which still remain. His following words resonate with the Indian scene.

" Any brand needs a foot hold in its domestic country of manufacture. Only once domestic sales are sufficient to support the brand long term, can the brand consider expanding outside its native country. Unfortunately, the korean audiophile started considering foreign brands as the ones to get for bragging rights, even when not at a comparable performance. This led to loss of support for local high end brands which ceased operations and went out of production."

This probably explains the lack of Indian brands in the audio scene, which we all seem to lament.

I mean in general any amp that uses an opamp or transformer to create an inverted output is not truly balanced.

For balanced you need two signal paths and all components need to be doubled as both the + and - signals need to be treated individually in the same manner.
If fed true XLR input, then this design as categorized (balanced discrete differential input) looks like uses an Operational Amplifier to substract the positive and negative voltages to reject common-mode noise. The output side in all probability is single ended.

Well noted. You do have a fair point there :)

I dont know what drivers they are using. But if they are using good quality drivers from Scanspeak or Seas or SB acoustics, then those prices, considering they've used equivalent quality crossover parts would look reasonable. One would be surprised what crap quality drivers we get in imported speakers, with fairy dust of marketing and innovation sprinkled on top to make the lofty price palatable.

For example, I've seen speakers using 22,000 INR SB Acoustics satori mid range driver + 40,000 INR Satori beryllium tweeters, cost 18,00,000 INR for the fully built speaker even before import. So one has to see in this reference, to understand that the margins are still fairly low, provided IndiQ is using good quality drivers.

But of course, Iam in no way defending their prices without knowing the parts they use. Above is just a general explanation of the usual pricing in the audiofool market.
Indiq makes their own drivers...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back