Epson TW 7100 vs TW 9400

I had an issue with the projector which Epson could not repair
For that reason they gave the buyback offer.
It came from them since they could not repair the old projector

I had an issue with the projector which Epson could not repair
For that reason they gave the buyback offer.
It came from them since they could not repair the old projector
Hi, Can u answer this
1) Does epson provide 1 yr or 3 yr warranty in India?
2) Can we get extended warranty?

For my Epson, the local dealer Aarvee in Mumbai conveyed to me about this buyback offer. They facilitated this and I paid the amount for the 9400 to them. Got it delivered to my place within 10 days or so.

Hi,
Could you please let me know which was your old projector on which you got the buyback option and how much was the buyback amount. I am also looking to exchange my old TW8100 for the 9400 in Mumbai. Any particular person whom I should contact for the buyback option?

Hi,
Could you please let me know which was your old projector on which you got the buyback option and how much was the buyback amount. I am also looking to exchange my old TW8100 for the 9400 in Mumbai. Any particular person whom I should contact for the buyback option?
Hi
It was a 9100 and it required a lamp replacement. I was told by the dealer who looks after service in western suburbs that since lamp is not available and the company will provide a buyback policy. My projector was little over 4 years old.
I was offered the 9400 for Rs1.4 lakh including 28% GST. 7100 was also offered but that was not of interest to me.
I don’t think buyback offer is available if your projector is in working condition. You may check with the service centre assigned to your region in Mumbai where you are based.

Hi
It was a 9100 and it required a lamp replacement. I was told by the dealer who looks after service in western suburbs that since lamp is not available and the company will provide a buyback policy. My projector was little over 4 years old.
I was offered the 9400 for Rs1.4 lakh including 28% GST. 7100 was also offered but that was not of interest to me.
I don’t think buyback offer is available if your projector is in working condition. You may check with the service centre assigned to your region in Mumbai where you are based.
Thanks for the reply.
Also how do you find the image quality on the 9400? It think that the 9400 is a 3x pixel shifter so how close to actual 4K does the image look? Since I will be coming from a TW8100 which is a 1080p PJ without any pixel shifting, just wondering how much of a difference will I notice.

Thanks for the reply.
Also how do you find the image quality on the 9400? It think that the 9400 is a 3x pixel shifter so how close to actual 4K does the image look? Since I will be coming from a TW8100 which is a 1080p PJ without any pixel shifting, just wondering how much of a difference will I notice.
There is a considerable improvement over the 9100. How close is to to 4K quality, I am not able to comment on it. I do not have a dedicated room for home theatre and at the same price which I bought the 9100 more than 4 years later, I am getting a better product. With the buyback, the deal got sweeter by 40-50k. So it was a no-brainer decision for me.

I was told by the dealer who looks after service in western suburbs that since lamp is not available
:O:O

For just a lamp they asked you to stop using whole projector and took back the projector for that small buyback....earlier I thought you had got a great deal but now I would say if apart from the lamp everything else was working fine then I dont think the buyback was a good deal

For just a lamp they asked you to stop using whole projector and took back the projector for that small buyback....earlier I thought you had got a great deal but now I would say if apart from the lamp everything else was working fine then I dont think the buyback was a good deal

There is a considerable improvement over the 9100. How close is to to 4K quality, I am not able to comment on it. I do not have a dedicated room for home theatre and at the same price which I bought the 9100 more than 4 years later, I am getting a better product. With the buyback, the deal got sweeter by 40-50k. So it was a no-brainer decision for me.
Correcting myself - my earlier projector was 8100. Thanks naturelover for identifying this error.

Alas, I am not Aladdin to do magic with an old lamp!

Appreciate your insights and probably very true for your context. Thank you.

1) benq tk800 vs epson w7100
Which is better in terms of picture quality for a dark room(for movies only. No gaming)

2) What's the current price of this. How to check as different sites shows different prices and couldn't get clear idea.

What's the best picture setting for epson tw7100?
It's bright but not satisfied with the picture sharpness and the color looks little dull to me. Currently using cinema mode(Brightness,contrast all kept to 50 and color to 55).

Any suggestions from the users of 7100 with detailed picture settings will be really helpful.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back