First System

marr

I just got my first system and want to know how I did.

I got:
B&W CM10
B&W ASW10CM
B&W CM Centre
Marantz SR6009 (I will be bi-amping)

So how did I do?
To me the biggest question is the amp. The SR6009 is an AVR... I plan to listen to mostly Spotify through Marantz's DAC. Some TV/movies, but mostly music.

How does the SR6009 compare to the other options out there? Keep in mind I want to use the sub and use Spotify for most of my music...

With the SR6009 you can redirect another channel to the front.

Out of the box it is 7.1; when you bi-amp it it is 5.1.

Does that answer your question?

It is still not quite clear to me. Is there any button to get the same front channels signal from the extra two channels? If that is so, what is the benefit? I mean, I know the benefits of bi-amping but that is for high end audio. In HT you are loosing 2 extra channels that could have added to your viewing experience. Am I missing something?

Its is a setting within the AVR.

Yes, I will be "losing" 2 channel... But I don't and don't want to use those channels. I will be listening to music much more than TV/movies.

The benefit is double the power going to the speakers.

In short, yes. I am losing the channels at the cost of more power to the two front speakers.

Last edited:
I just got my first system and want to know how I did.

I got:
B&W CM10
B&W ASW10CM
B&W CM Centre
Marantz SR6009 (I will be bi-amping)

So how did I do?
To me the biggest question is the amp. The SR6009 is an AVR... I plan to listen to mostly Spotify through Marantz's DAC. Some TV/movies, but mostly music.

How does the SR6009 compare to the other options out there? Keep in mind I want to use the sub and use Spotify for most of my music...

To your initial question, your choice seems to be very good
I havent heard any of the B&W speakers but reviews suggest they are going to be special
Your choice of AVR is spot on as well

I hope you have a largish room, as the CM10s look huge :) !

Very good selection :clapping:

Kaushik, Marantz (and most other AVRs) allow you to set the multi-zone outputs to be configured for bi-amping...I've tried it but honestly did not see any difference in the sound...

So... I came across a fella selling a Peachtree Nova 125 for 600 buck...
Here is the question... Take back the SR6009 and CMC... and save 900 bucks? Or keep what I got?

So... I came across a fella selling a Peachtree Nova 125 for 600 buck...
Here is the question... Take back the SR6009 and CMC... and save 900 bucks? Or keep what I got?

It is only 2 channel right ?

also heard that B&W are power hungry .. so check that too

Movies and music are different from ear's perspective. I love to listen music closing my eyes.

If you can return amp post your trial (30 days return policy), then listen them at your location. Most probably you will be happy with your decision for the music. B&Ws, friends say are quite good.

So far, bi-amping in my place or my friend's gave me little more warmth in mid and lower bass. But a little only. My system is Onkyo SR-608 and Cabasse MT-30 speakers, and friend's case was Marantz and Missions (forgot their model numbers).

It all depends on your expectations.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back