Fosi Audio LC30 (amp & spk selector) with VU meters - A brief review

Shammi Dang

After around a month of usage - My main objective behind this purchase is the appeal of vintage looking VU meters. The amp and speaker selector was not my priority. As this model was available on Amazon for a very decent amount and there were some very good reviews on you tube so I purchased it. The VU meters are the main appeal, big in size and four light levels 25%, 50%, 75% & 100%. It can also be run without the meter lights. The sensitivity of the needle can be controlled by the rotating knob , depending on the power from the amp we can set the needle so it does not touch the extreme end. The 2 amps and 2 speaker selector also works fine and the response is quick with no delays between switching. It does not hamper the signal strength and sound quality in any way while switching or during music play. The remote controls all the functions except the needle sensitivity that need to be controlled by the round knob on the component. The power consumption is very less, it just requires a 5Volts 1Amp connection.

Pros - Good built quality and looks. comes with the necessary cable (braided) for set up but no power adapter.
Cons - Attracts finger prints on top and side body (hard to remove) so as a solution I have put an acrylic laminate wood finish sticker on top. Sensitivity needle controlled from component only.

Attachments

• 02a. Tube buffer set up.jpg
    02a. Tube buffer set up.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 03a. Tube buffer & LC30 top.jpg
    03a. Tube buffer & LC30 top.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 04a. Fosi Audio LC30.jpg
    04a. Fosi Audio LC30.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 29
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back