Gadgets to buy on Singapore Airport duty-free

tigerwag

Hello guys
I will be haulting on Singapore Airport for 8 hrs. Was keen to buy some gadget in duty-free shops. Any suggestions what all things are reasonably cheaper in duty free shops tthan normal shops?

I didnt find mind blowing offers at Changai duty free for electronics, but if you have the option, try visiting mustaffa market where you will definitely strike some good electronics deals. If you are having US/UK/Aus visas, you will get free visit entry in singapore as well

Hi

Before you purchase, always check whats the custom allowance and laws here in India.....you may be better off purchasing in India.....

If your stay is longer than 4 hours, you can avail a free city tour- no Visa required . Check up on that too !

Never got a good deal at Mustafa, Infact Singapore always have been expensive for electronics as compared to prices in India, either same price or more, frankly mustafa not a better deal these days, duty free also same thing unless some brands like Martin collection which u don't get easily here, for such prices might be attractive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Useless to buy anything dutyfree there other than apple stuff ...duty free is more expensive than stores in city as you get the gst tAxback !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing you get for cheap in SG is LED Television and Apple devices. Rest everything is expensive than India.

Denon, Marantz and Onkyo products were almost 40% cheaper than Indian retail market till before two years. Not sure about present situation.

I didn't not found any HiFi AV shops inside airport during my last visit in 2013. Best place to buy AV products are Adelphi Coleman street and Sim Lim Square.

Changi airport has got its own phone app, and it would give you detailed information on all the shops and places to dine, etc. Worth checking out.

Changi does not have any hifi stuff. You can try Audio Pro Addon T3, bluetooth speaker, if you are interested. Its cheaper than in India.

Barring some chocolate brands that are not available in india and some gadget models like tablets which are being phased out by the next gen,not much is cheaper there,more so if you dont have the local currency,otherwise exchanging currencies twice would be a huge loss.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back