Help me choose right speakers for DENON x3800h

Ankit9350

I have selected some speakers model but I have doubts which one best to buy. Please help me to select from below models for 7.1.4 configuration.

Tower Speakers Klipsch R820F, Polk MXT15, Polk ES60

Center Speakers Klipsch ep400c, Klipsch r34c,Klipsch r52c

Surround Speakers Klipsch r51m, Klipsch Rp400m, Polk ES20

Subwoofer Klipsch SPL 120 or SVS SB 1000 pro

In ceiling speakers

Polk RC 80i or any other

Looking forward to your help

Thanks

I hope you have demoed these speakers. If not the best place to start would be a demo.

If a demo is impossible, then -
1 - Klipsch has a sound, so it depends. It is a fairly popular brand for HT - not a big fan personally having setup 2 different HTs for friends with Klipsch. But no experience with Polk here, so can't really choose between the two.

2 - For subs if budget permits, definitely go for the SVS SB1000 Pro. It is a much better sub, also the app is a life saver. You can't get an easier way to integrate a sub.

3 - For your in-ceiling speakers, I guess your choice is fine.

Again there is no substitute for a demo. It is a one time effort but can make a huge difference.

Thanks!

I hope you have demoed these speakers. If not the best place to start would be a demo.

If a demo is impossible, then -
1 - Klipsch has a sound, so it depends. It is a fairly popular brand for HT - not a big fan personally having setup 2 different HTs for friends with Klipsch. But no experience with Polk here, so can't really choose between the two.

2 - For subs if budget permits, definitely go for the SVS SB1000 Pro. It is a much better sub, also the app is a life saver. You can't get an easier way to integrate a sub.

3 - For your in-ceiling speakers, I guess your choice is fine.

Again there is no substitute for a demo. It is a one time effort but can make a huge difference.

Thanks!
My Budget around 4-5 lakh.
There is no store in my city which provides demo of home theatre so I have to buy it from these websites and make it myself, If you have time, please suggest me 7.1.4 speakers from these 2 websites

Avshack . In
Vplak . Com

Last edited:
I have selected some speakers model but I have doubts which one best to buy. Please help me to select from below models for 7.1.4 configuration.

In ceiling speakers

Polk RC 80i or any other

Thanks

Which location are you based in? It is important to audition before spending on these speakers assuming these are new ones. Carry your favouritie music / movie clip which you are familiar with and decide if these speakers meet your expectations.

You should visit dealers who have the same brand AVR hooked to these speakers or other options. Once you have auditioned, step 2 is who offers best price with warranty.

I am in India, There is no store in my city which provides demo of home theatre so I have to buy it from these websites and make it myself.
India is a very large country of 3,287,590 sq km area (7th largest country by area). The city where you are reciding has not been yet revealed by you. There is a good chance if you mention your city, members may give a recommendation.

I am in India, There is no store in my city which provides demo of home theatre so I have to buy it from these websites and make it myself.
Avshack . In
Vplak . Com

Most of us FMs are also based in India and I think a City / Town Name would help to steer you to possible options, provided you want to share!

My Budget around 4-5 lakh.
There is no store in my city which provides demo of home theatre so I have to buy it from these websites and make it myself, If you have time, please suggest me 7.1.4 speakers from these 2 websites

Avshack . In
Vplak . Com
For the budget you can get 3800, monitor audio silver 300 FS, MA silver 250 center, MA bronze rears, plus MA 12" SW.
VPLAK is unauthorised, don't walk that way. AVSHACK has variable experience, depends on your luck.

India is a very large country of 3,287,590 sq km area (7th largest country by area). The city where you are reciding has not been yet revealed by you. There is a good chance if you mention your city, members may give a recommendation.
Khurja, Bulandshahr UP

A friend of mine has ordered this. Installation should be over in a month as work is going on. I can give my feedback if you trust my ears and willing to wait 😊
For the budget you can get 3800, monitor audio silver 300 FS, MA silver 250 center, MA bronze rears, plus MA 12" SW.
VPLAK is unauthorised, don't walk that way. AVSHACK has variable experience, depends on your luck.

A Humble Piece of Advice, do not buy speakers without auditioning them in person. Delhi is only about 95 km from your location, so it's feasible to make the trip. When I purchased my stereo setup—not even a home theater system—I traveled from Pune to Mumbai with my wife and two kids (aged 4 years and 6 months). In one day, I auditioned six different brands before making a decision.

You're about to invest 5-6 lakhs in this setup, and every time you listen to it, you should feel satisfied, not regretful. Remember, no one can tell you what's best for your ears except you.

Dude - I used to drive to Khurja from Noida to pick up Garden Pots almost once a month :) It is not at all far.
Bhai, Can I use any of the following model pre amp with denon x3800 to power external speakers

Fosi Audio V3 - 2 Channel Hifi Stereo Audio Amplifier

Fosi Audio BT30D Pro TPA3255

Fosi Audio TDA7498E

AIYIMA A07 Pro TPA3255 Stereo Amplifier Bluetooth 5.2 300Wx2 HiFi Class D Amp 2.0/

A Humble Piece of Advice, do not buy speakers without auditioning them in person. Delhi is only about 95 km from your location, so it's feasible to make the trip. When I purchased my stereo setup—not even a home theater system—I traveled from Pune to Mumbai with my wife and two kids (aged 4 years and 6 months). In one day, I auditioned six different brands before making a decision.

You're about to invest 5-6 lakhs in this setup, and every time you listen to it, you should feel satisfied, not regretful. Remember, no one can tell you what's best for your ears except you.
भाई आपको प्रणाम है कि बच्चों के साथ में इतनी दूर चले गए, मैं केवल इसलिए नहीं जा रहा की वह वहां पर बुद्धि खराब कर देंगे तरह-तरह की बात बता कर इसलिए पहले आप सब से सलाह लेकर तैयारी कर रहा हूं ताकि वहां पर वह अगर फर्जी बातें करेंगे तो कम से कम उनको सही से जवाब तो दे दूंगा

Brother, I salute you for going so far with the children. I am not going to get the demo of home theatre because the agents there will tell me all sorts of things and spoil my mind. That is why I am first preparing by taking knowledge from all of you so that when I go there, I can give the right answer to the agents.

In ceiling speakers

Polk RC 80i or any other

Thanks
it is not recommended to mix brands like Klipsch and polk. since they both use different type of tweeters. if you are looking for theater experience in home with good dynamics, i would suggest you to go for jbl studio series speakers with svs or tone winner subwoofers. polk xt series is also good at lower budget. with proper calibration and integration, both system would sound very good. you will get the best possible sound, if you purchase, install and calibrate from a certified professional. with wrong calibration and integration, even high end systems would sound bad.

भाई आपको प्रणाम है कि बच्चों के साथ में इतनी दूर चले गए, मैं केवल इसलिए नहीं जा रहा की वह वहां पर बुद्धि खराब कर देंगे तरह-तरह की बात बता कर इसलिए पहले आप सब से सलाह लेकर तैयारी कर रहा हूं ताकि वहां पर वह अगर फर्जी बातें करेंगे तो कम से कम उनको सही से जवाब तो दे दूंगा

Brother, I salute you for going so far with the children. I am not going to get the demo of home theatre because the agents there will tell me all sorts of things and spoil my mind. That is why I am first preparing by taking knowledge from all of you so that when I go there, I can give the right answer to the agents.
We can suggest certain brands and models of speakers which possibly work well with a Denon.

Would suggest you post your requirement also on the Denon Owners thread as there are FMs who use the same model and can share their views on best speakers. Alternatively, also would suggest to see first hand review of speakers over Youtube so that you have basic information.

Next step contact the dealers closest to you for an audition. As Customer you are king and so entitled to demand for an audition as you are spending for these speakers. Audition one / two brands once you have mentally decided based on reviews and research done.

Most dealers will try to sell their Hi end stuff to make money or clear stock lying with them. Please be mindful of discounts being offered and warranty. Dont rush. Do your research well.

If you dont have much time and just want to use good speakers on the AVR, you can then explore the second hand / pre owned market like Classifieds / OLX / Facebook market place where many sell their used speakers for less and sometimes you get the best at a fraction of costs. You can use these speakers for a while until you complete your reviews / research before proceeding to buy new ones.

It is your call, all the best!

We can suggest certain brands and models of speakers which possibly work well with a Denon.

Would suggest you post your requirement also on the Denon Owners thread as there are FMs who use the same model and can share their views on best speakers. Alternatively, also would suggest to see first hand review of speakers over Youtube so that you have basic information.

Next step contact the dealers closest to you for an audition. As Customer you are king and so entitled to demand for an audition as you are spending for these speakers. Audition one / two brands once you have mentally decided based on reviews and research done.

Most dealers will try to sell their Hi end stuff to make money or clear stock lying with them. Please be mindful of discounts being offered and warranty. Dont rush. Do your research well.

If you dont have much time and just want to use good speakers on the AVR, you can then explore the second hand / pre owned market like Classifieds / OLX / Facebook market place where many sell their used speakers for less and sometimes you get the best at a fraction of costs. You can use these speakers for a while until you complete your reviews / research before proceeding to buy new ones.

"Most dealers will try to sell their Hi end stuff to make money or clear stock lying with them. Please be mindful of discounts being offered and warranty."

Brother, this is the reason why I did not go to the shop to get a demo of the speaker because I was not aware of all the advice given by you and other colleagues. It is good that you have explained that the shopkeepers also sell old goods. In the last two days. I have watched a lot of home theater related videos on YouTube, I have also taken information about the frequency, watts, (Ω) Ohms of the speaker, and now I am trying to find out how to manually calibrate the amplifier and speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back