Hi! New member introduction.

jsengupt

Hello All!

I am Joydeep but you can call me Joy too. Born and raised in Calcutta in the 80s, my childhood was all about mix tapes and going to my neighbor friend’s home to listen to his massive vinyl collection on Saturday afternoons. Since I left home in 1999 work, travel, temporary accommodation didn’t allow me to focus on having a good hifi. Finally I feel somewhat settled in Berlin and have started rebuilding my music collection.

I found this amazing forum recently and all of you music and music quality enthusiasts which makes me feel home. It’s quite hard for me to get old Indian vinyls unless I visit Kolkata. Hoping to get to know folks here, get suggestions and tips on good record stores, re-releases/prints.

Also, Berlin has amazing record shops to find Western music. Hope to be able to help folks out too when I’m traveling to India if they need anything (reasonable requests 😊)

Lastly, I would like to introduce my setup. I have a Pro-ject debut carbon evo record player with Ortofon 2M blue cartridge connected to Klipsch the fives and a 12” Klipsch subwoofer. As a backup player I have a Marantz CD6007 to listen to CDs of those ridiculously high priced vinyls 😋.

Tata for now 👋

Hello All!

I am Joydeep but you can call me Joy too. Born and raised in Calcutta in the 80s, my childhood was all about mix tapes and going to my neighbor friend’s home to listen to his massive vinyl collection on Saturday afternoons. Since I left home in 1999 work, travel, temporary accommodation didn’t allow me to focus on having a good hifi. Finally I feel somewhat settled in Berlin and have started rebuilding my music collection.

I found this amazing forum recently and all of you music and music quality enthusiasts which makes me feel home. It’s quite hard for me to get old Indian vinyls unless I visit Kolkata. Hoping to get to know folks here, get suggestions and tips on good record stores, re-releases/prints.

Also, Berlin has amazing record shops to find Western music. Hope to be able to help folks out too when I’m traveling to India if they need anything (reasonable requests 😊)

Lastly, I would like to introduce my setup. I have a Pro-ject debut carbon evo record player with Ortofon 2M blue cartridge connected to Klipsch the fives and a 12” Klipsch subwoofer. As a backup player I have a Marantz CD6007 to listen to CDs of those ridiculously high priced vinyls 😋.

Tata for now 👋
Welcome Joy da , you will find lots kindred spirits amongst all us in this forum.

Regards
Aniket Das

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here.
Berlin is a fantastic place to enjoy music and the arts.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back