Hi

oti

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm ripping my CD collection on to a nas as I need to clear some space. I was using MS Media Player but this one isn't particularily good if there are scratches on the CD. So I started using EAC a few weeks ago instead and it seemed to do the ripping job with better results.

However, on the downside, EAC doesn't store any metadata in .wav files which means I'll have to manually insert this after the CD has been ripped. And yes, I prefer to keep the .wav as well as a .flac just to have the fully uncompressed file intact.

The reason I am here right now however is that I just discovered that EAC doesn't add 'composer' to the ripped file. I have a lot of CDs where I really want the composer name(s) to be included. MS Media Player included all the metadata I required and it also included some metadata information in the .wav files.

Is there a way to tell EAC to include the composer(s)? And is there a way to make EAC add metadata to .wav files?
Any replies that help me with these two issues are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ole-Tom

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm ripping my CD collection on to a nas as I need to clear some space. I was using MS Media Player but this one isn't particularily good if there are scratches on the CD. So I started using EAC a few weeks ago instead and it seemed to do the ripping job with better results.

However, on the downside, EAC doesn't store any metadata in .wav files which means I'll have to manually insert this after the CD has been ripped. And yes, I prefer to keep the .wav as well as a .flac just to have the fully uncompressed file intact.

The reason I am here right now however is that I just discovered that EAC doesn't add 'composer' to the ripped file. I have a lot of CDs where I really want the composer name(s) to be included. MS Media Player included all the metadata I required and it also included some metadata information in the .wav files.

Is there a way to tell EAC to include the composer(s)? And is there a way to make EAC add metadata to .wav files?
Any replies that help me with these two issues are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Ole-Tom

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back