HiFi shopping in Japan

renjith lal

Hi All,

I am going to Japan for an assignment for three months. Can anyone
guide me if there is any good place to buy HiFi equipments from Japan?
I have heard about Akihabara.I heard that voltage is different (110V) and 230V stuffs are available but expensive.

Can some one share there experience or give some suggestion?

I may spend one day in Bangkok while returning. It will be great if any of you can share or suggest Hifi shopping in Bangkok also. I saw some post in our forum and they suggest that there is no big difference in price compared to India :mad: .

Thanks
Renjith

Dear Renjith, Japan is a super place for hifi shopping and you can easily buy a step down transformer as they make high quality transformers...Amplifiers like Luxman and Accuphase along with Leben are the cheapest in the world there for obvious reasons....

If you are getting stuff with you by air on your way back, then it will be difficult to carry but if you are shipping stuff back, then there are lots to choose...

Hi

check for english menu too while purchasing
check if you get something with universal power suppy (100-240)
getting a transformer here easy so not a big blocker

for electronics sky is the limit there,
if you can share your wishlist I can suggest you better shops.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Will get universal power supply in Japan (export)but it is expensive and you may not get used ones.I heard like that. Menu could be another issue. Any way I will explore for sure.

I dont know how difficult is to communicate as I dont know Japanese.

Thanks
Renjith

Thanks Sachin for the suggestion. On eissue could be voltage (100V) and another issue could be menu as it could be in japanese.:mad:

we can solve voltage issue with converted not sure about menu.

Hi

check for english menu too while purchasing
check if you get something with universal power suppy (100-240)
getting a transformer here easy so not a big blocker

for electronics sky is the limit there,
if you can share your wishlist I can suggest you better shops.

please try used top end projector ,they are very cheap in japan

Most products in Japan have an international version with English menu and universal power but higher cost. On the other hand , step down transformer is much cheaper, just check for the english menu.

I had checked for camera and wii and the difference in pricing is huge but just cant buy the japanese menu.

I saw Triode amps in the shop I visited which is very near to my apartment. Is it a nice one? Sorry,please don't mind my ignorance about tube amps.

Nope , I didn't hear. There was no sales person in Hifi area. All people were in other sections like TV, mobile etc. Hence I could see all the models with out any disturbance.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back