Home theater suggestions

vignessh

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to setup a home theatre in my living room. The primary usage will be movies, sports and some carnatic music. I was thinking of Denon X1300W receiver along with either a Tannoy TFX 5.1 or Wharfedale 210 5.1 setup. I would prefer wall mounted speakers as it'll be out of reach for my kids.

I have not auditioned the setups I've mentioned above, they were primarily after looking at the cost factor and the posts from various folks.

Please could you suggest a suitable combination?

Thanks,
Vignessh

Hi u can also check with Taga Harmony speakers which is having good user feedbacks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I have not seen Polk TL1600 personally. Taga is Polish Brand. It's build quality is good. For the same price of Polk, u get a better spec in Taga.Whats ur room size, so that our forum members can suggest right ones. The final thing u need to audition to match your hearing taste.

Thank you RajithKumar. My living room is about 15ft x 19ft (L x W). I'm from Bangalore, so any pointers on where to source it locally also would be of great help.

I have auditioned TL 1600. Average at best. Subwoofer of 50 w RMS only. For 15 x19 room it may fall short.

Taga audition not available in my city. But having? tower speakers as fronts should give good quality sound. Feedback from forum members also good. Hifimart can ship to Bangalore I presume.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to setup a home theatre in my living room. The primary usage will be movies, sports and some carnatic music. I was thinking of Denon X1300W receiver along with either a Tannoy TFX 5.1 or Wharfedale 210 5.1 setup. I would prefer wall mounted speakers as it'll be out of reach for my kids

It would be nice to know your budget. There is always something nice in every price range, including the pre used market. Denon x1300 is a good choice if it is full filling all your requirements. Polk Audio speakers are known to go well with Denon and Marantz receivers.

For wall mounting, you can take a look at Polk's new T series or the RTi series at a higher price range. The T15 can be wall mounted as it has a nail hole at the back and no bass port to worry about. There could be slight wall effect, however, in my opinion it would help the speaker. Polk T15. You could also look at Polk's Signature series. S15 all around or as rear surrounds with S20 in the front. Again these have their bass ports at the bottom with a nail hole at the back.

Polk's TL1600 is not that bad either. I heard it once at the Pro FX store and found it to be quite good for a casual/beginner setup.

Other brands to consider are Wharfedale, Q Acoustic 1000, 2000 series. However, you will have to check if these can be wall mounted.

MaSh

Last edited:
Thank you everyone, for the suggestions so far. I've kept the budget for the AVR + speakers to be around 1L.

Hi

With that budget, you will get something decent...being based in Bengaluru, you should visit the various dealers with your kind of music (CD or USB) and hear the different brands and systems....accordingly you can start preparing a list of the ones that appeal to you in budget and performance and share with us

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to setup a home theatre in my living room. The primary usage will be movies, sports and some carnatic music. I was thinking of Denon X1300W receiver along with either a Tannoy TFX 5.1 or Wharfedale 210 5.1 setup. I would prefer wall mounted speakers as it'll be out of reach for my kids.

I have not auditioned the setups I've mentioned above, they were primarily after looking at the cost factor and the posts from various folks.

Please could you suggest a suitable combination?

Thanks,
Vignessh

Definitely audition the Dali Zensor before you finalise. They are very good speakers, and has a good value for money too.. meaning that their Indian prices are comparable to the European prices (the currency mark up isn't too high)

After going through the various threads in this forum, I've come to realise a complete 5.1 setup isn't necessary. Most of the audio is from the STB with some pure audio thrown in once in a while.

I'm planning to go for the fronts & centre speakers with a suitable AVR. If there is space to accommodate a sub, I might get one.

Definitely audition the Dali Zensor before you finalise. They are very good speakers, and has a good value for money too.. meaning that their Indian prices are comparable to the European prices (the currency mark up isn't too high)

Thank you. I work out of Koramangala and the Dali website shows Ensemblon Automation at 80ft Main Road as one of the dealers. Any recommendation on where to sample/get them in Bangalore would be very helpful. Also, would Denon still be the recommended AVR for these speakers or is there a different recommendation?

After going through the various threads in this forum, I've come to realise a complete 5.1 setup isn't necessary. Most of the audio is from the STB with some pure audio thrown in once in a while.

I'm planning to go for the fronts & centre speakers with a suitable AVR. If there is space to accommodate a sub, I might get one.

Thank you. I work out of Koramangala and the Dali website shows Ensemblon Automation at 80ft Main Road as one of the dealers. Any recommendation on where to sample/get them in Bangalore would be very helpful. Also, would Denon still be the recommended AVR for these speakers or is there a different recommendation?

Hi,
Im not from Bangalore, so Im not aware of the places where you could demo Dali speakers. But regarding the AVR, honestly, one can say for sure only if they had an equally priced AVR in Yamaha, Denon or Marantz (or any other brand for that matter), and connected the same set of speakers to these AVRs one after the other, and listened to the exact same movie/music content in all these combinations, and listened to it in the same room. Only then you would be able to determine if one AVR is better than the other, according to your taste. I have not got a chance to do this, so I cannot really say if one AVR is better over another. This is because the sound we hear is influenced by various factors like the room, speakers, etc.
Regards.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back