Home theatre in under 10L

eclpzzz

I'm a complete noob to AV systems, we recently got a house and have a home theatre of 28x13ft

My requirements are:
-Projector Screen
-Projector
-Surround Sound system
-Soundproofing

My preferences:
-The best level of sound quality I can get at this price, that is future-proof too. As in, if in the future I become an audiophile, I should be able to utilise these speakers for that purpose too.
-Should have a proper cinema theatre feel, i.e very good picture quality, a good size screen wrt the room size and I should be able to game comfortably as well.
-The speaker system should be punchy and not feel underpowered at all! I genuinely want to have as close of a theatre experience possible.

Things to note:
-I have no aesthetic requirements, like those in-wall concealed speakers etc.
-My main concerns are reliability and longevity, I shouldnt face issues with my equipment in the future and they should at least last 10 years.

Lastly, I am completely alien to all of this and will definitely appreciate any feedback and guidance you have!
PS: The budget may be stretched to 10-15L at the max.

Cheers, and thanks in advance!

Hello- Welcome to the never ending world of AV and AV Gear.
You will get a lot of responses for various combinations BUT you will need to do a demo for most part of it.
Given below are some models to help you get started
  1. Projector - Benq , LG, Optoma , Epson - Go Ultra Short - https://avshack.in/collections/ultra-short-throw-projectors
  2. Screens - Same website has options for screens too. You have Powered Screens or Roll downs or Fixed Frames. i had manual roll downs.
  3. AVR - Decide whether you want 7.2, 9.2 etc- Marantz Cinema 50 upwards, Denon X3800 Upwards, Yamaha A6A upwards( my choice)
  4. Power Amp - Get a Power amp so the processing gets done by your AVR and the power amp does the power
  5. Cables- I got the 14 AWG Amazon Cables for the longer runs and the Belden 8473 Cables for LCR ( Just my choice). Keep enough as you will have to connect the avr and you might fall short when u try to house them in a cabinet.
  6. Speakers - Do a demo but try and see if you can tone match them. But if you like something Go for it as sound is Individual.
  7. I prefer B&W but you might like Focal /JBL/Arendal /Q Acoustics/Sonus F etc. List is endless
  8. what will you connect the projector with? Decide as it should be able to output a great picture and all sound formats
  9. Get some smart lights to set the mood
  10. Get an airy cabinet ( with wheels) to house all your base electronics. One that you can move and clean easily.
  11. Get enough plug points to connect for now and future. A multi plug failed miserably for me :)
The exciting part is the Discovery and Demos. If you are spending so much definitely demand for a demo as I see a growing trend
of distributors not wanting to demo but want the business.

A lot of the Theatre experience depends on the source - So definitely manage your expectations.

This forum has lot of senior members and experts , do check the posts. But suggest you do some reading as you are best placed to decide.

Hello- Welcome to the never ending world of AV and AV Gear.
You will get a lot of responses for various combinations BUT you will need to do a demo for most part of it.
Given below are some models to help you get started
  1. Projector - Benq , LG, Optoma , Epson - Go Ultra Short - https://avshack.in/collections/ultra-short-throw-projectors
  2. Screens - Same website has options for screens too. You have Powered Screens or Roll downs or Fixed Frames. i had manual roll downs.
  3. AVR - Decide whether you want 7.2, 9.2 etc- Marantz Cinema 50 upwards, Denon X3800 Upwards, Yamaha A6A upwards( my choice)
  4. Power Amp - Get a Power amp so the processing gets done by your AVR and the power amp does the power
  5. Cables- I got the 14 AWG Amazon Cables for the longer runs and the Belden 8473 Cables for LCR ( Just my choice). Keep enough as you will have to connect the avr and you might fall short when u try to house them in a cabinet.
  6. Speakers - Do a demo but try and see if you can tone match them. But if you like something Go for it as sound is Individual.
  7. I prefer B&W but you might like Focal /JBL/Arendal /Q Acoustics/Sonus F etc. List is endless
  8. what will you connect the projector with? Decide as it should be able to output a great picture and all sound formats
  9. Get some smart lights to set the mood
  10. Get an airy cabinet ( with wheels) to house all your base electronics. One that you can move and clean easily.
  11. Get enough plug points to connect for now and future. A multi plug failed miserably for me :)
The exciting part is the Discovery and Demos. If you are spending so much definitely demand for a demo as I see a growing trend
of distributors not wanting to demo but want the business.

A lot of the Theatre experience depends on the source - So definitely manage your expectations.

This forum has lot of senior members and experts , do check the posts. But suggest you do some reading as you are best placed to decide.
Hi, thanks for all the info, but do you know of any post I can read to just understand all these terms?

Hi, thanks for all the info, but do you know of any post I can read to just understand all these terms?
HI The landing page of the forums has various categories that you can go thru. Apologies I am not sure of any post that will address all your queries in one go.

Local to me in the sense? Is he in HYD?

Yes he is!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Yes he is!

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!
If you don't mind, could you ask him to comment here, as I'm not able to dm him?

If you don't mind, could you ask him to comment here, as I'm not able to dm him?
Hi

Since @prateekatasniya is already tagged, he will post here and accordingly you can engage with him. Since you are a new member today you are not able to DM him, once you complete a number of posts, you will get the regular member privileges soon.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back