How to connect the preamp for the AVR without Preouts.

karteek23

Hi Guys,

My receivers does not come with preouts and my tower speakers are not using its full potential. I want to add amp for that my AVR need to have the Pre-outs but it doesn't come with. I do not want to buy new AVR aswell.

After searching I found out Russound ADP 1.2 speaker to line-level adapter where we can use this and connect the external amp(That's what product company say).

Will these really work? What's your thoughtsruss.png

Hi Guys,

My receivers does not come with preouts and my tower speakers are not using its full potential. I want to add amp for that my AVR need to have the Pre-outs but it doesn't come with. I do not want to buy new AVR aswell.

After searching I found out Russound ADP 1.2 speaker to line-level adapter where we can use this and connect the external amp(That's what product company say).

Will these really work? What's your thoughtsView attachment 84080
It should work. The above contraption is just a a resistor of 3.9k in series and a 430 ohms load to the avr instead of (4ohm/8ohm). The cost of the thing shouldn't be more than Rs 50 or so.

You can use the headphone out, but that will cut off output to all surround speakers too. Not sure if you are using surround.

If you are using analog input to the AVR then you can put a RCA splitter like this to have the source go to the avr as well as the new amp that you will be putting.

1714053527740.png

It should work. The above contraption is just a a resistor of 3.9k in series and a 430 ohms load to the avr instead of (4ohm/8ohm). The cost of the thing shouldn't be more than Rs 50 or so.

You can use the headphone out, but that will cut off output to all surround speakers too. Not sure if you are using surround.

If you are using analog input to the AVR then you can put a RCA splitter like this to have the source go to the avr as well as the new amp that you will be putting.

View attachment 84092
Thank you for the explanation. The cost is very high $40 🤯 for that product.

Iam using surround aswell...

This is one video I found from user on YouTube.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back