Intro - Analog Audio Geek here

Instant Karma

Hello all,

Reporting from other side of the pond. Been an Analog audio geek since the 90's. Started of with weston, ahuja amps and sonodyne. Attached is the pic of one of my current setup, i have multiple speakers that I keep rotating them to spice things up a bit lol.

Attachments

• IMG20240620093750.jpg
    IMG20240620093750.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Hello all,

Reporting from other side of the pond. Been an Analog audio geek since the 90's. Started of with weston, ahuja amps and sonodyne. Attached is the pic of one of my current setup, i have multiple speakers that I keep rotating them to spice things up a bit lol.
Welcome here :)

Thats a lovely looking room and setup :)

I can see the mention of a Deqx premate II in your signature. Are you running the speakers active through the Deqx. Thanks :)

Welcome here :)

Thats a lovely looking room and setup :)

I can see the mention of a Deqx premate II in your signature. Are you running the speakers active through the Deqx. Thanks :)
Thank you.

No not on this speaker setup. I have another set of speaker Infinity IRS BETA that has separate towers for Bass and separate towers for Treble+Midrange necessitating bi amp setup. Although the speakers have cross over and does not require active crossover but i split the frequencies fed into the amps hoping the amps have better time resolving only a limited frequency range lol.
For that setup I use DEQX to split the frequencies. I route the low frequency through a Hefty Class D amp to bass towers and route higher frequencies through the tube amp to the other towers.

I tried using their room correction feature but wasn't impressed, i think i can achieve better by playing with speaker placements. But then it could be said I did not use the correction parameters "correctly".

Last edited:
Thank you.

No not on this speaker setup. I have another set of speaker Infinity IRS BETA that has separate towers for Bass and separate towers for Treble+Midrange necessitating bi amp setup. Although the speakers have cross over and does not require active crossover but i split the frequencies fed into the amps hoping the amps have better time resolving only a limited frequency range lol.
For that setup I use DEQX to split the frequencies. I route the low frequency through a Hefty Class D amp to bass towers and route higher frequencies through the tube amp to the other towers.

I tried using their room correction feature but wasn't impressed, i think i can achieve better by playing with speaker placements. But then it could be said I did not use the correction parameters "correctly".
Wow..you have an infinity IRS beta too 😍 🤣. I think the only time I saw one of those behemoths was on youtube in PS audio's listening room. Some speakers you have there :)

Thanks for sharing your use case scenario of the Deqx. I was lusting after the newer gen DEQX pre8 HD for sometime. Atleast till its price got revealed. And then it was sadly way out of my reach new. I was planning similarly on using tube power amps for mids and treble, and big beefy SS for bass drivers.

Now a days modern DSP's seem to come in various price brackets, from the BachForMac to the more modest ones like Dirac. I still have a hankering to utilize the benefits of modern DSP and go active one day. Have you tried an active setup by any chance.

Hello all,

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Wow..you have an infinity IRS beta too 😍 🤣. I think the only time I saw one of those behemoths was on youtube in PS audio's listening room. Some speakers you have there :)

Thanks for sharing your use case scenario of the Deqx. I was lusting after the newer gen DEQX pre8 HD for sometime. Atleast till its price got revealed. And then it was sadly way out of my reach new. I was planning similarly on using tube power amps for mids and treble, and big beefy SS for bass drivers.

Now a days modern DSP's seem to come in various price brackets, from the BachForMac to the more modest ones like Dirac. I still have a hankering to utilize the benefits of modern DSP and go active one day. Have you tried an active setup by any chance.

You may be mistaking Infinity IRS V that Paul (PS Audio) made videos of in his music room? Although he did have IRS Beta too, the little brother to IRS V. Both were designed by Arnie Nudell. According to Arnie Nudell, IRS Beta's Midrange beats the IRS V's, go figure!

About going active, I think it's very tricky to tweak those to get the results you want. Speaker designers with their in depth knowledge and experience, design the crossovers factoring in the specific drivers, cabinet designs, slopes, time alignment etc. Hard to imagine myself getting anywhere close to them in my implementation.

Last edited:
Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!
Thank you, looking forward to it.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back