JBL Nano K series

mark2gp

images.jpeg

How would the JBL Nano K monitors do in a living/bed room setup? Plan to hook them upto a DAC with disc /digital player as source. Primary listening preference - Indian music / classic rock.

View attachment 85940

How would the JBL Nano K monitors do in a living/bed room setup? Plan to hook them upto a DAC with disc /digital player as source. Primary listening preference - Indian music / classic rock.
Pretty Good. Been using this for last 5 months now. Very effective in small rooms. Isolation feets / foam much recommended since the speakers don't have a proper feet.

Pretty Good. Been using this for last 5 months now. Very effective in small rooms. Isolation feets / foam much recommended since the speakers don't have a proper feet.
Hi, which version/size do you have. I was looking at either the 4' (pair) or 5' (buy 2 units). They seem to be having different features, which would you recommend?

Hi, which version/size do you have. I was looking at either the 4' (pair) or 5' (buy 2 units). They seem to be having different features, which would you recommend?
I have the Nano K5 which is essentially a 5inch driver version sans BT. They are typical of Studio monitors which means, it is meant to be listened in short distances (i would say less than 3 mts distance) and On Axis positioning for best effect. The speakers are actually sweet sounding and wave guide on Tweeter gets you pretty decent imaging as well. I personally found a bass to be tight and smooth but it lacks outright punch. With a good DAC+Preamp combo, it really punches above its weight in small listening spaces. Even though they are sealed units, its better to leave 1-2 ft space on back and sides of this speaker.

I have the Nano K5 which is essentially a 5inch driver version sans BT. They are typical of Studio monitors which means, it is meant to be listened in short distances (i would say less than 3 mts distance) and On Axis positioning for best effect. The speakers are actually sweet sounding and wave guide on Tweeter gets you pretty decent imaging as well. I personally found a bass to be tight and smooth but it lacks outright punch. With a good DAC+Preamp combo, it really punches above its weight in small listening spaces. Even though they are sealed units, its better to leave 1-2 ft space on back and sides of this speaker.
Was confused between these and the Edifier's for a small/bedroom setup. Would adding a sub benefit the sound of the nanos?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back