LG G4 panel died after 5 days of usage. Both Brand & dealer claiming there's no DOA policy

I think it should be illegal not to have DOA policy for any brand manufacturing electronics.

As of now, LG service center daily conveying me that they're waiting approval from their HOD for DOA replacement & gave ETA of 25-30 days which is horrendous!

Offshores, it's the dealer who takes liability to provide you instant replacement & tackle all these with the brand.

I'm thinking if I should seek legal avenues to expedite this but that'd be equally time consuming.
I think you have a perfect consumer case here and you should proceed with filing the case. If you can argue your points in consumer court, you don't have to hire a lawyer. Just go through some of the cases to get an idea. I found one such case against LG here: https://www.moneylife.in/article/be...defective-dishwasher-with-interest/72897.html

nah, I meant raising consumer court complaint online https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/
It doesn't work. Check out the case I'm involved.

@DB1989

True, consumer helpline .gov.in are not proactive and cannot expect much. I have tried them earlier for another issue.

Of course it won't, lol. The website is a toothless paper tiger and has no legal sanctity.

UPDATE-
After lot of hiccups, replacement came today from Reliance Digital & this time no luck on panel lottery.

The new one has green tint on right side, despite whatever angle we view it from, and so many dirty artifacts.
There was also image retention of few Korean characters on top left which went away post manual pixel refresh.
It also has older mfg of June whereas my previous that had no visual flaw was mfg 22 Aug.

In dilemma whether I should just get panel replacement from LG or chase the dealer again for entire unit replacement with fresh one.

If you're in the market for new LG C4/G4, I'd suggest getting August or later mfg unit.
IMG_0425~2.jpg

UPDATE-
After lot of hiccups, replacement came today from Reliance Digital & this time no luck on panel lottery.

The new one has green tint on right side, despite whatever angle we view it from, and so many dirty artifacts.
There was also image retention of few Korean characters on top left which went away post manual pixel refresh.
It also has older mfg of June whereas my previous that had no visual flaw was mfg 22 Aug.

In dilemma whether I should just get panel replacement from LG or chase the dealer again for entire unit replacement with fresh one.

If you're in the market for new LG C4/G4, I'd suggest getting August or later mfg unit.
View attachment 87010
Ideally the entire unit should be replaced by a fresh one since it is a recent purchase and the panel issues are still there.

UPDATE-

View attachment 87010
Did you verify if it was a demo unit or not?

Exactly how? Total panel hours do not say so but the value can be reset by the brand as far as I recall reading.
Yes that’s the only way and it can be reset. I am just curious how the panel had image retention of some Korean characters unless it’s used. You shouldn’t have run the manual panel refresh but notified LG immediately

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back