Looking for a budget home theater in 45k

thanks mate.

Also, Purchased the Yamaha RX V375 for 25k Both due on delivery by Friday.

I hope Pioneer pair well with the yamaha receiver.

I will update the thread with some pic's, when i receive em. :p

Congratulations Nero. Can't wait to see the pictures of your system. I am sure they will be fantastic. I can feel your excitement just by going through your posts. Happy listening.

I am currently using Yamaha YHT 299 whose receiver is HTR-3066 pretty much similar to that of RX V375. I have plans to upgrade its speakers at a later point of time. Based on the suggestions my our forum Members, I was very curious to know more about Pioneer AJ speakers. So, I am eagerly waiting for your feedback on the pairing of Yamaha and Pioneer.

Thanks,
Sandeep.

Last edited:
thanks mate.

Also, Purchased the Yamaha RX V375 for 25k Both due on delivery by Friday.

I hope Pioneer pair well with the yamaha receiver.

I will update the thread with some pic's, when i receive em. :p

Phew!!!! I read somewhere in ur previous posts that you bought a Denon 1612 from a friend & I almost did a facepalm. I for one am totally against the lower & mid range Denon products coz I have never left a audition of a Denon AVR feeling pleased. And I am not alone in this view. If you check out the forum member's reviews from the 1st Avenue Sound meet in mumbai where we reviewed the Pioneer FS51s with various AVRs you will find all the other ppl too singing a similar tune. Pioneer plus Yamaha though is another story. If u have the denon with u when the Yamaha arrives you can do a side by side comparison urself. Anyway I dont think you have anything to worry about & I am sure you will be very happy with the sound. Although Pioneer AJs are really meant to be used with more mid- high lvl AVRs, they work well enough with lower end avrs too which is another reason I never have any problem recommending AJs to a large range of budgets :) .

Hi everyone:),
I am new to this forum, have been following the discussions since last 4 days, even i am planning to HTS for the first time, around 50k, I am novice in this matter, have very basic questions .
What is audition?
Where can we see the demos of above described combinations in Hyderabad?,
Who does the final fine tuning, i mean, adjustments with combinations
How will be, who will do the service if any repairs (though rare) occur if we take combinations?
Please suggest whether I should try for the above combinations or stick to one make, Thanks in advance

Audition is basically what you may call a demo. Normally when you are going to "audition" any system you should carry movie clips & songs that you normally enjoy to listen on those systems. Carrying the same set of clips & songs also ensures you can make a better comparison between two systems which may be available through diff dealers. All the fine tuning repairs or other services is normally handled by the dealer who sold you the product as this is a niche product line & it might not be a company service center in or near your city. For dealers to audition these products you might have to get someone elses help as I am not from Hyderabad & would be useless to suggest any good dealers there.

Phew!!!! I read somewhere in ur previous posts that you bought a Denon 1612 from a friend & I almost did a facepalm. I for one am totally against the lower & mid range Denon products coz I have never left a audition of a Denon AVR feeling pleased. And I am not alone in this view. If you check out the forum member's reviews from the 1st Avenue Sound meet in mumbai where we reviewed the Pioneer FS51s with various AVRs you will find all the other ppl too singing a similar tune. Pioneer plus Yamaha though is another story. If u have the denon with u when the Yamaha arrives you can do a side by side comparison urself. Anyway I dont think you have anything to worry about & I am sure you will be very happy with the sound. Although Pioneer AJs are really meant to be used with more mid- high lvl AVRs, they work well enough with lower end avrs too which is another reason I never have any problem recommending AJs to a large range of budgets :) .

yeah, i almost finalized the Denon 1612. but, i saw people complaining about the reliability of denon.

So, i dropped the decision and went with this yamaha rx v 375 which was listed in our hifiads.

I hope it will drive the speakers at low to medium range volume. coz, i can't put more volume as i live in flat.

But, based on your comment, this yamaha don't have enough juice to sing the speakers at their full potential. ? :sad:

Meanwhile, the dealer sent pics of the yamaha receiver packed and ready to ship. :D

Attachments

• IMG-20140827-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20140827-WA0000.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG-20140827-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20140827-WA0001.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Thank you so much Rajadeep, urs is the first reply I got after my joining this forum and I want to say it is special for me.

Would u Please suggest any combination or single company make (package) , basically I want to use it more for watching movies and occasionally music and vocal (cinema) in " low to medium'' volume,

prefer smooth sounds and clarity not bass,treble or Rock

Finally the wait is over..:D

Yesterday, my fav hero Pawan kalyan's b'day and my speakers got delivered. lol :p

I quickly opened and connected the speakers to Yamaha rx v 375 with an MX 14 AWG, 6 meters (100rs per meter) speaker wire which was bought from the dealer itself.

As i already listened them with a Denon x500. the differences i noticed.

1. Audio seperation was very good in yamaha
2. the highs are forward but natural compared to the denon warm and silk smooth highs. (i some how liked denon here)

Still i didn't tweak the yamaha settings to get the best output.

I will upload my setup pics and a deteiled review later today. :ohyeah:

Hi,

I would like to thank spirovious, rajudhs, ajinkya.gohad, rajadeep, and rav_mk1 for the help. :clapping:

Yesterday, i coupled the Pioneer fs 52 fronts with yamaha rx v375 by using MX 14AWG 6 meter Speaker wire (3 meters for each speaker) and placed the speakers roughly 20cm away from the back wall.

After, all the connections and the speaker placements perfectly checked. I switched ON the receiver and played straight away Hotel California song.

Right out of the box they sounded really good but not great.

Then i quickly changed the some settings in the AVR like

Increased fronts levels from 0 to +6 (max +10)
Increased the treble from 0 to +3(max +6)
Changed speaker configuration from small to large and kept remain subwoofer, surrounds, and center to 'None'
Enhancer: off
speaker distance: 2m (not calibrated, but did this manually)
mode: straight
volume trim: +2

The max volume kept was -15.0db

Now, played the same song (hotel California) again,

The sound was improved a lot.

The drum beat was now deep and the magic between the midrange and tweeter combination was so 'sweet'.

i'm actually enjoyed the song rather than just listening to it, with great sound stage and separation of instruments in a more balanced and 'relaxed' way.

Later, i played some video songs of tamil, telugu and hindi (dts-hd ma). The bass response was very good. Actually, i didn't expect the bass this much. even i decreased the bass to -3.0 (-6 to +6).. :D

Still, i didn't get ' how the midrange was so good with crystal clear highs' followed by the bass response. And the speakers look very short as well.

I felt the highs are little bright and more forward, which i think will settle down after some hours of play.(break-in) ?

to sum up the things i noticed so far in 2 days :

1.) Very Balanced and Natural sounding.
2.) Good midrange with Smooth highs.
3.) Bass was deep enough to listen songs.

I'm 200% satisfied by the sound of fronts alone. what,? if i add center and surrounds as well and play the songs in 5 channel stereo mode ? :ohyeah: :D

Any suggestions to change the settings to improve sound are welcome.

Now, the photo session. Ready, steady, pichukum :D

Ks3AnQU.jpg

266b2Bj.jpg

ryoRanI.jpg

L0P7R7L.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

I would like to thank spirovious, rajudhs, ajinkya.gohad, rajadeep, and rav_mk1 for the help. :clapping:

Yesterday, i coupled the Pioneer fs 52 fronts with yamaha rx v375 by using MX 14AWG 6 meter Speaker wire (3 meters for each speaker) and placed the speakers roughly 20cm away from the back wall.

After, all the connections and the speaker placements perfectly checked. I switched ON the receiver and played straight away Hotel California song.

Right out of the box they sounded really good but not great.

Then i quickly changed the some settings in the AVR like

Increased fronts levels from 0 to +6 (max +10)
Increased the treble from 0 to +3(max +6)
Changed speaker configuration from small to large and kept remain subwoofer, surrounds, and center to 'None'
Enhancer: off
speaker distance: 2m (not calibrated, but did this manually)
mode: straight
volume trim: +2

The max volume kept was -15.0db

Now, played the same song (hotel California) again,

The sound was improved a lot.

The drum beat was now deep and the magic between the midrange and tweeter combination was so 'sweet'.

i'm actually enjoyed the song rather than just listening to it, with great sound stage and separation of instruments in a more balanced and 'relaxed' way.

Later, i played some video songs of tamil, telugu and hindi (dts-hd ma). The bass response was very good. Actually, i didn't expect the bass this much. even i decreased the bass to -3.0 (-6 to +6).. :D

Still, i didn't get ' how the midrange was so good with crystal clear highs' followed by the bass response. And the speakers look very short as well.

I felt the highs are little bright and more forward, which i think will settle down after some hours of play.(break-in) ?

to sum up the things i noticed so far in 2 days :

1.) Very Balanced and Natural sounding.
2.) Good midrange with Smooth highs.
3.) Bass was deep enough to listen songs.

I'm 200% satisfied by the sound of fronts alone. what,? if i add center and surrounds as well and play the songs in 5 channel stereo mode ? :ohyeah: :D

Any suggestions to change the settings to improve sound are welcome.

Now, the photo session. Ready, steady, pichukum :D

Congrats!!!

Cool, Thanks for the info nero.. Ill be upgrading my fronts in sometime.. will see how it works :D

Listening to Bhag Milkha Bhag title song while writing this! This system has brought such joy in my life! That sounds little ridiculous, but I never thought the songs could sound so great. I am glad you chose these speakers and are enjoying them.

Update:

I gave remain center and surrounds for 14k from the same local dealer. I hope that's a good price.

Delivery expecting tomorrow. :yahoo:

in snap deal 5.1 is 39,533 with promo code ? Should I buy it online or from the dealer. Dealer is coating around 47 thousand.

all I bought 5.1 aj5335xt for 39140 with all those promo codes and discount in snap deal . please go and grab it. now looking for a receiver please help me to choose between VSX 523 or RXV 375 or 377. Never used recievers so not sure which is one is better. Also I read recievers really don't matter much for sound quality but good speaker does.

all I bought 5.1 aj5335xt for 39140 with all those promo codes and discount in snap deal . please go and grab it. now looking for a receiver please help me to choose between VSX 523 or RXV 375 or 377. Never used recievers so not sure which is one is better. Also I read recievers really don't matter much for sound quality but good speaker does.

that was an aswesome price mate. but, i don't trust snapdeal :p

btw, you can add yamaha rx v 377

the dealer further reduced the price to 12.5k for both center and surrounds..:ohyeah:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back