Lumin X1

You need a switch like this and compatible patch cord which even your cable internet guy will make for you.
Rikhav

I think we also will need sfp module at both the end. But will look into it.

Rikhav

I think we also will need sfp module at both the end. But will look into it.
No sir
You are clearly mis informed by your dealer
The device has a sfp port so why sould not need a sfp module.
The other side it always makes sense to have a switch with sfp port to make it very simple.

No sir
You are clearly mis informed by your dealer
The device has a sfp port so why sould not need a sfp module.
The other side it always makes sense to have a switch with sfp port to make it very simple.
Rikhav,

I was referring info from here:

as per Lumin person, he mentioned:

Some people may choose to use an optical network switch instead of FMC. In another forum some people use the Diablo brand optical switch. We got an equivalent unit from China.

L1 or NAS - WiFi Router - Optical switch SFP - fiber - Lumin X1 SFP

In this setup you need a pair of the same SFP, e.g. TL-SM311LS, and a single mode LC-LC duplex patch cord (yellow).

Rikhav,

I was referring info from here:

as per Lumin person, he mentioned:

Some people may choose to use an optical network switch instead of FMC. In another forum some people use the Diablo brand optical switch. We got an equivalent unit from China.

L1 or NAS - WiFi Router - Optical switch SFP - fiber - Lumin X1 SFP

In this setup you need a pair of the same SFP, e.g. TL-SM311LS, and a single mode LC-LC duplex patch cord (yellow).
Rikhav

x1 does not come with sfp module. It was cleared by Lumin person. It has port where sfp module needs to be attached

Attachments

• F37F0776-EA69-496F-A388-ECADF46463D0.jpeg
    F37F0776-EA69-496F-A388-ECADF46463D0.jpeg
    173.1 KB · Views: 15
Congratulations Samir!

It was great chatting with you after a long time the other day.
Amazing to hear that the X1 made such a huge difference in your setup!

I suspect that the superior clocks in the X1 is the difference.
Look forward to the rest of your new gear coming together - specially the SCM50 Actives!

Regards

Congratulations Samir!

It was great chatting with you after a long time the other day.
Amazing to hear that the X1 made such a huge difference in your setup!

I suspect that the superior clocks in the X1 is the difference.
Look forward to the rest of your new gear coming together - specially the SCM50 Actives!

Regards

Hi Nikhil

Thanks. It was great to spoke to you.
X1 turns out to be great product.
Instead of getting scm50, I decided to go with scm40 active now. Reason is , 50 has 4-5 month wait. Too long for me at this time. So idea is to get 40 now and when I move back to Mumbai, sale off 40 at Bangalore with some loss and get 50 to be delivered in Mumbai

This is the image of x1 on the company website and have also seen X1 in another setup and from that I remembered the X1 having sfp portScreenshot_2021-05-17-14-32-15-89.png

Newbie question. What is the benefit of using the Optical network via the sfp module etc..? In past when I was running a Naim network player, the Nas and the Naim were connected to the network router using regular RJ45 and CAT cables and everything worked like a charm.

Newbie question. What is the benefit of using the Optical network via the sfp module etc..? In past when I was running a Naim network player, the Nas and the Naim were connected to the network router using regular RJ45 and CAT cables and everything worked like a charm.
Less noise from Ethernet wire. Clean signals to streamer

Secondly very few streamer has sfp port.

What I am trying to explain you is sir, that you take a switch where it has sfp ports as well as rj45 ports.

You connect your internet, nas or any other network device to rj45 ports. Now obviously X1 needs access to all those so what you do is connect sfp cable to ghe sfp port of switch and that cable will go to sfp port of lumin.

If you do this way you don't need media converter, definitely not on the lumin side.

Another fm @bhagwan has same X1 and I know his chain. He uses a SOTM switch which has sfp ports.

Please check the picture attached as reference

IMG_20210517_194705.jpg

What I am trying to explain you is sir, that you take a switch where it has sfp ports as well as rj45 ports.

You connect your internet, nas or any other network device to rj45 ports. Now obviously X1 needs access to all those so what you do is connect sfp cable to ghe sfp port of switch and that cable will go to sfp port of lumin.

If you do this way you don't need media converter, definitely not on the lumin side.

Another fm @bhagwan has same X1 and I know his chain. He uses a SOTM switch which has sfp ports.

Please check the picture attached as reference

View attachment 57141
This is best solution Rikhav, unfortunately I already ordered and received media converted where I can only replace.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back