Mains stabilizer for voltage fluctuations

panditji

Hi, my old Logicstat mains stabilizer has died due to a bad surge of high voltage... Since Logicstat is now almost defunct, need suggestions on a mains voltage stabilizer for voltage fluctuations before the monssons kick in...

Hi, my old Logicstat mains stabilizer has died due to a bad surge of high voltage... Since Logicstat is now almost defunct, need suggestions on a mains voltage stabilizer for voltage fluctuations before the monssons kick in...
Please search "stabilizer" on the forum Panditji :)

There is tons of chatter on this subject with available options and pricing.

Are you looking for the entire home or just for the audio rig?
I just looked up the Logicstat India website and things appear to be normal. Have they completely folded?

They have not folded but the current generation is not interested and their technicians told me that they are now taking shortcuts vis a vis the parts and the quality of copper... I am looking for a mains stabilizer of around 5KVA for the lights, fridge... Something that will protect the appliances against the surges ... The electricity is quite bad during summers and the rainy season...

This is darkly funny. The stabilizer was destabilised and might need it's own stabilizer. :p :p :p
Keith, it died a brave death doing it's work diligently, protecting the house valiantly.. It gave it's life protecting the life of other appliances... I expected you to be a little sensitive and not make jokes.

They have not folded but the current generation is not interested and their technicians told me that they are now taking shortcuts vis a vis the parts and the quality of copper... I am looking for a mains stabilizer of around 5KVA for the lights, fridge... Something that will protect the appliances against the surges ... The electricity is quite bad during summers and the rainy season...
Install a 3phase surge protector in your mains. It’s very effective. Attached is for reference of a single phase surge protector. The green display will change to red when it needs replacement. You can google SPD and its types to get more information

Attachments

• ee13f7a4-145b-4079-a3d2-8909e63e15b7.jpeg
    ee13f7a4-145b-4079-a3d2-8909e63e15b7.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30

Have you looked up Aulten? They are in your neck of the woods.

I am looking for a mains stabilizer of around 5KVA for the lights, fridge... Something that will protect the appliances against the surges ... The electricity is quite bad during summers and the rainy season...
I had come across the amicikart voltage cutout protector a couple of years ago but I ignored it and passed it off as a mass produced gimmick. In the meantime my led tv hdmi ports got fried on two occasions thanks to Adani's overvoltage surges and hence the motherboard had to be replaced twice which was irksome to say the least! Heaven then sent advice the second time in the form of @mbhangui which I didn't ignore. Instead of the entire home, I've got three of these cutout protectors protecting three specific fragile zones i.e. the refrigerator, ledtv/hifi line and pc.
Check this out -
What I find praiseworthy about this device is the ability to fine-tune over/under voltage and over current cutoff values to my preference instead of a fixed range on other devices which cannot be tweaked.

Have you looked up Aulten? They are in your neck of the woods.

Nikhil, I see Aulten everytime on the google search results but have not heard anyone mentioning them as a brand.. Was hoping to hear real user feedback and experience.. All the digital voltage stabilisers available online will not protect the devices on surges as they simply have a motherboard which will get friend and allow the surge to pass through the other devices...

I had come across the amicikart voltage cutout protector a couple of years ago but I ignored it and passed it off as a mass produced gimmick. In the meantime my led tv hdmi ports got fried on two occasions thanks to Adani's overvoltage surges and hence the motherboard had to be replaced twice which was irksome to say the least! Heaven then sent advice the second time in the form of @mbhangui which I didn't ignore. Instead of the entire home, I've got three of these cutout protectors protecting three specific fragile zones i.e. the refrigerator, ledtv/hifi line and pc.
Check this out -
What I find praiseworthy about this device is the ability to fine-tune over/under voltage and over current cutoff values to my preference instead of a fixed range on other devices which cannot be tweaked.
Can we install ourself or need electrician?

Update: I installed a Servokon isolation transformer on the mains and it is quieter than the previous older Logicstat.. It is supposed to clean up the power supply by isolation but I have to switch my audio equipment back on to see if it makes any positive contribution... Will update in a week...

I only want to have over voltage protection for may AV set up which is a 55" TV, amplifier , DAC and media player. Previously I was using Belkin surge protector . I am confused between this https://dl.flipkart.com/s/1Up8pfNNNN and Surge protector.
That flipkart thing only switches off when there is unacceptable voltage. Its not a stabilizer. A stabilizer changes the voltage safely for output.

That flipkart thing only switches off when there is unacceptable voltage. Its not a stabilizer. A stabilizer changes the voltage safely for output.
Yes I know that. My question is among these two which one is more efficient? because Belkin surge protector is much simple to use than other one which needs electrician to install.

Yes I know that. My question is among these two which one is more efficient? because Belkin surge protector is much simple to use than other one which needs electrician to install.
A Belkin surge protector will not regulate and output consistent 230v voltage. It is not a stabilizer.

I only want to have over voltage protection for may AV set up which is a 55" TV, amplifier , DAC and media player. Previously I was using Belkin surge protector . I am confused between this https://dl.flipkart.com/s/1Up8pfNNNN and Surge protector.
fwik these surge protector strips become fragile with repeated surges and are notorious for breaking down thereby posing a risk to the connected equipment. I wouldn't use them anywhere near hifi gear. Voltage stabilisers operate within a fixed input voltage range and output a constant voltage to the connected gear. I chose the cut-out protector over a voltage stabiliser due to its small form factor and most importantly the options available for a user to tweak over/under voltage range and response time among other settings. After two fried tv motherboards, this nifty device has protected my tv despite insane supply voltage swings.

@Sean de Silva

Thanks to your helpful posts above, and Bangalore’s increasingly erratic power supply, I’ve ordered the product you’ve recommended.
Could you please share the settings you’ve locked in for over/under voltage, recovery and response times? I will be using the device exclusively for my hifi setup - cd transport + dac + tube amp.
Thanks for your help!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back