Making a new stereo system.

devilwearsprada

Hi, I have an Onkyo 3400 and a Sony SRS-D8. While the Onkyo is serving good needs, I wanted to replace the SRS D8 as I think it has come of its age.
Now a few questions.
  1. Is it worth spending in a stereo system?
  2. Differences between an integrated system(Amp+Speakers) vs a powered speaker system?
  3. The change in bass coming from a 2.1 to 2.0>
  4. The best combo under Rs.20,000?
  5. Anybody selling equipment? Should I buy from the states? Is it safe?

Thank you in advance. Will really matter if you could help me here!

As a 2-channel guy, I'd definitely say a dedicated stereo system is worth going for if music is your mainstay. If you are a casual listener or give equal emphasis to movies, then get a good sounding HT setup.

The choice of active speaker or amp+speaker, IMHO, is a matter of ones choice and convenience. There are advantages on both sides, but can't really pick one over the other. If you have multiple sources, then going amp+speaker may be a better choice.

Bass is entirely your taste. I personally am skeptical if using a 2.1 setup.

20K is a tight budget to work with. You may wan't to check Norge/Sonodyne + Bookshelf combination. It is generally safe to buy from US but it depends on who/where you are buying from. Also, electronics from US would need to a step down transformer (unless it has dual-voltage feature) which means additional expenditure. Also, you would need decent interconnects and speaker cables with the stereo setup. You may want to budget for that as well.

Hope this helps...

Can anybody please help me with the same?

Is it worth spending in a stereo system?
If you Love Music then No option we have other than having Dedicated Stereo.
Differences between an integrated system(Amp+Speakers) vs a powered speaker system?
Again the Budget play a role here . If you choose Powered you cant experiment the different combos :-) and it would be a block for upgrade a bit

The change in bass coming from a 2.1 to 2.0>
2.1 Means Subwoofer take the Bass and You could have boom Bass for entry level set-up (2.1) and not the Punchy Bass. Punchy Bass is one of the char of Stereo SET-UP
The best combo under Rs.20,000?
Under 20,000 (Excluding the Source), You could get a Entry Level Stereo Set up say 12 K for Speakers and 8k for Amp.
Anybody selling equipment? Should I buy from the states? Is it safe?
Before buying the Used stuff Inspect+Audition for not ending with disappointment.

[*]Is it worth spending in a stereo system?

There can be no 2 different thoughts about it,. If you like listening to music and you do enjoy the soul of it then dedicated stereo system is a must.

In your case you may need an amplifier with digital input too (One with built in DAC) unless you plan to get an external DAC. Budget seem to be bit tight, I would advise you to go for used components. This way you may be able to build a decent system.

Cheers,
Sunder.

As a 2-channel guy, I'd definitely say a dedicated stereo system is worth going for if music is your mainstay. If you are a casual listener or give equal emphasis to movies, then get a good sounding HT setup.

Hi thank you for the help!
I do have a dedicated HT setup! So I think I will be going for a stereo setup. Thank you all :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back