Marantz TT5005

tuff

After contemplating for months i have finally decided to succumb to my curiosity and decided to buy a Marantz turntable.
ebay link https://www.ebay.in/itm/Marantz-TT5...297875?hash=item3f8aa968d3:g:dWEAAOSwnipWZn6Y
Now i also browsed through the for sale section but found nothing within the price range, and some require additional stylus/cartridge what not. Not sure i want to be hand's on yet. the other option is Audio Technica LP60 but am not sure how good it would be. i also intend to hook it up to the Peachtree decco 65 which has only aux in, so hoping no external phono pre-amp will be needed.
Thanks, Let the opinions flow.

Incredible price point if you look at its features fully automatic and inbuilt phono preamp with bypass feature. I have though not used it but definitely worth buy if budget is strictly under 20k. There are a lot of good options to choose from AT, Rega, Project and Pioneer if your budget is around 50K.

It's just a name.

Try looking for a vintage TT, you'll find many good ones under 15k.

Please take you time. I seriously doubt you'll be able to enjoy listening to vinyl on this TT.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any leads to get used one in decent condition? I browsed through the for sale section, nothing to be found. Frankly I am not sure about whether I will stick to the format, as I am so much accustomed to computer playback, it seems it could just sit there collecting dust.

Any midrange vintage players from philips, technics etc.. If it is new save some money and get the planar 1 from rega.

If you love digital sound a lot and if you have not already listened to records, i would recommend you audition the turntable playback first. It can be done either at a shop or at your friend's place.

I am waiting for fm @Hari Iyer to get his DAC up and running so i can have some listen along with his newly built speakers. The thing is what i usually hear at someone else's place does not translate the same in my system and room. SO getting one and trying it in my own system at my own pace would be a great way to figure it out. I know what to expect from my existing system and how it sounds like in my room. Also my last tryst with vinyl was in 1986 when i had a Sonodyne Uranus system. So i am sure just like speakers and amps there will be an upgrade path with turntables, But right now i have nothing to compare it to in the current system/room.

I don't trust anybody saying that he has not listened to vinyl or he does not like the vinyl sound. Against all odds ( finding a good player, a good phono preamp, album of your choice) it is worth having a set up. In case you are buying a used TT, please buy from a known person so that he will help you to restore it in case of any problem. Otherwise go for a new one. You can collect the album of your choice as much as you can digest.

I find even the better TT like Technics SL-23 to be inferior to the Thorens in all aspects. So you need to draw a line and know what to expect from what. Contact FM @Kuruvila Jacob for his latest collection.

Thanks. Project TT delayed for now. Will get something in the 50k region after some time. Thanks everyone.

@Hari Iyer LOL! I meant my little project for turntable, Not the brand. I want come over to your place and listen to the new speakers and the Thorens you acquired recently. Let me know when you get set.

Currently I am upgrading my phono preamp components and that should take atleast one more week, after that will inform you.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back