Mini Hi Fi System

girish_67

Hi Everyone,

Im looking to pick up a mini hi fi system & my budget is around 20K. Ive seen the Sony GZR-777D in India seems to be the only option available. Can anyone suggest options that I can pickup in Kuala Lumpur.will be there next month.
The Panasonic SC-VKX60 seems to be a good option, going by the specs on the website, but I dont know where to check this out in KLhelp pls!!

Hi Everyone,

Im looking to pick up a mini hi fi system & my budget is around 20K. Ive seen the Sony GZR-777D in India seems to be the only option available. Can anyone suggest options that I can pickup in Kuala Lumpur.will be there next month.
The Panasonic SC-VKX60 seems to be a good option, going by the specs on the website, but I dont know where to check this out in KLhelp pls!!
stay away from these... if you want to enjoy music.. try to find something like Denon D-M38DAB from KL. else there are some very good products available from indian makers such as DNM or norge.
DNM Enterprise Product

Thanks for your suggestion Jose!

I'm not averse to checking the Denon M38DAB....any idea on the price?
Any other options that I can check while I'm there?

Where in KL can I audition similar systems?

Thanks for your suggestion Jose!

I'm not averse to checking the Denon M38DAB....any idea on the price?
Any other options that I can check while I'm there?

Where in KL can I audition similar systems?
denon should fall within your budget.
even the likes of marantz onkyo too have similar all-in-one systems.
search the forum threads , you will find more info abt KL hifi market, there are many guys who are familiar or located there.

I would suggest you to audition Onkyo 3400 and JBL SCS140BK+AVR134. Both are priced around 22-25K depending on the seller. Though Jbl's sound is much better(according to me), onkyo is a hassle free system with hdmi audio processing(you'll need an extra cable for audio in JBL apart from HDMI). Whichever you choose, don't go in for a brand like sony as their so called 'dvd integrated amps' don't even compare to the dedicated amps of onkyo and jbl. You'll get these systems in India and buying from Kaula Lampur won't make much sense as the price difference is not considerable as compared to the hassles faced in getting them from abroad. Also, be sure that you have sufficient space and wiring before purchasing a 5.1 system.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Guys,

I already have a 5.1 setup..Pioneer AVR + BA CS5.1 with my 46" Sony...but I'm looking for something for my teeneaged kid's bedroom...something that has good punch & is also compact enough to move around...had been contemplating on the Altec Lansing IMT 800 boombox & the Karman Kardon Go Play 2...the only disadvantage is no possibility to play cds...that's why I'm looking at a mini hifi system. Will however audition the Denon.
Thanks!!

I have a similar requirement, though in my case, I am looking for a micro hifi system, that I can keep in the bedroom.
Requirements: Radio, audio/MP3 cds, DVDs, VCDs, USB, Aux-in, component video out
Good to have: iPhone/Pod dock or connectivity, HDMI out

The only option I've seen in the shops is the Sony CMT-DX 400A: CMT-DX400A : Micro Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India
While this fits the bill in terms of requirements, I did not like the way it sounded at all. My dad has an older LG micro hifi system that sounds much nicer. LG doesn't make those any more though :(

Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Took a risk and ordered a Philips MCD135 from maniacstores.com. Risk with both the product and the store, 'cause both are untested. 5.8k on the e-store, as opposed to the 7.9k MRP. There was another Philips system with iPod docking, but the sound output was rated at 20W RMS as opposed to 50W for the one I chose. Let's see how things turn out!

Last edited:
I know the price is kinda out of the budget that one is looking for on this thread but give HK MAS 100 a listen. It is the first mini hi-fi which has truly impressed me. And it blows the Sony out of water. MSRP at 45K INR.

@razor4077 - Abhishek, is that you? :)

I have a similar requirement, though in my case, I am looking for a micro hifi system, that I can keep in the bedroom.
Requirements: Radio, audio/MP3 cds, DVDs, VCDs, USB, Aux-in, component video out
Good to have: iPhone/Pod dock or connectivity, HDMI out

I had similar requirements.
I bought the aktimate Maxi.

It doesnt do video out or hdmi out

But its really great Hi-fi sound with the computer/TV / Ipod

Has an Ipod dock.

check it out!

I know the price is kinda out of the budget that one is looking for on this thread but give HK MAS 100 a listen. It is the first mini hi-fi which has truly impressed me. And it blows the Sony out of water. MSRP at 45K INR.

@razor4077 - Abhishek, is that you? :)

Any clue how good is HK MAS 101 system. About 30K is current price.

I would have preferred a system with USB, Wifi Movie file support but not sure what comes in 30 K.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back