Multi-region Blu-Ray disc player with dolby & dts decoder

Yes, the 5040 subwoofer electronics does the job of the multichannel preamplifier. I have seen configurations what I have in mind work at the demos and it looks pretty easy to do.

So if anyone reliably gets to know of any available Blu-Ray players that will serve my application, do let me know. Looking forward to feedback from people who have tried and tested suitable players.

PS3 is region c locked in India.

Sony and panasonic blu ray players are region free , are you sure, can someone confirm this give me a link ?

Sony is not region free for Blue Rays. It is only the DVD portion which could be made region free with one 4 all remote programming. About Panasonic yes they are region free for DVD and Region A & C for BD.

Panasonic BD 60 has been launched in India which is priced around 24000 and is region free for DVD playback and about the BD part I am not sure but Panasonic earlier models like BD 30 selling in India was region Free for DVD and Region A & C for BD. Pioneer players in India are all Region Free but then they are expensive. You could also look at PS3 from Grey Market basically a singapore make one, as that has the BD region A and DVD region 3.

Thanks for the suggestions, but as mentioned earlier, Sony PS3 does not have dolby/dts decoded multichannel analog outputs.

Of Sony S360/550, only the BDP-S550 has dolby/dts decoded multichannel analog outputs.

Of Panasonic BD60/70/80, only the DMP-BD80K has dolby/dts decoded multichannel analog outputs.

Dont know anything about Pioneer or Denon Blu-Ray players. Do keep me posted if you guys come across anything nice that you have a chance to test

Hi All,

Just picked up Panasonic BD35 from UK last week. Its supposed to be playing Region B discs. I paid 12K INR..

It has Dolby True HD decode built in..

I had Sony NS78H DVD player (HDMI)..I found panasonic to be much better in terms of the picture quality and sound quality..

I am searching for Bluray discs in Bangalore, can some of this forum member give me a lead to locations where I can find Bluray discs?

cheers >>>
vadiraj

Sony is not region free for Blue Rays. It is only the DVD portion which could be made region free with one 4 all remote programming. About Panasonic yes they are region free for DVD and Region A & C for BD.

Hi,

Which model of Panasonic Bluray player plays bluray dvd's of region A & C?....is it BD-60????

OR any other model available in the market that can play both Region A and Region C?

thanks.

Hi,

Which model of Panasonic Bluray player plays bluray dvd's of region A & C?....is it BD-60????

OR any other model available in the market that can play both Region A and Region C?

thanks.

It was the older model BDP30 which the company was selling which could play region A and C, for DVD we could make it region free with the simple remote hack.
BDP 60 is region locked to C but it could be made region free with the help of the ICOS chip (google it)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back