Need a 5.1 system.. confused.. Budget 25K-30K

Gurvi

Hey Guys...

This is my first post in this Forum..
I want to buy a Speaker system for my home use (Music>Movie>Games).
Whether should I go with a Home theater by sony bdv E3200 or Yamaha YHT -196 (here I need to buy a BD player) or Logitech z906 speaker system or Edifier s550.
Location - Delhi-NCR.
Other options are also welcome..

Many Thanks!!!

welcome to Hifivision. If you are ready to spend 25-30K, then prefer a AVR system, but remember never brand like SONY. There are a lot of brands like YAMAHA, DENON, PIONEER, ONKYO, which makes better quality products (AVR).

Hi Pramod,

Thanks for your response...
but with these I will have to buy a Blu Ray Player separately which will go a little beyond the budget.
Can you suggest a model for each which can come in or around the budget?

I checked a few of them Yamaha - YHT 196, Onkyo-3500, and Denon X-500(not sure if the model no is correct.)

Are there any other options?

Ques. why in this forum most of the members don't like Sony or other similar brands?:confused:

Many Thanks!!!

Because people here are more into proper 5.1 systems which gives better performance and the option to upgrade to any other components in future. Inorder to get a decent setup you must conpletely forget about the gereal consumer brands for ht like sony, lg, Samsung, Philips, etc. They dont even come close as far as the proper hometheaters do. A decent setup for ht will start at around 40k with powered subwoofer, proper 5 speakers and an avr, while the difference between the normal sonys,samsungs,etc and a proper ht is to be heard to be believed.

We are not against sony products ..of course they are very good in making TVs but not upto the mark in audio ..tats y most of people in the forum will not suggest sony for audio.
U can have an audition and based on ur hearing preference u can select..
For ur budget u can get Yamaha YHT 196 & Onkyo HTS3500..Denon DHT X500 will be approx 38 to40k..

I am actually a buying new Receiver, so i am currently going through all Reliance digital, chroma, and direct dealers.

I think Home theaters from Sony and LG are good, but i am a user of AV Receiver, nice tower speakers etc. not showing off but just telling that the sound is very very poor in both Sony and LGs, Philips etc.

But those factors only relevant only if you are looking in very deep, like clarity, and little small things in sound.

I was doing time pass, as i was waiting for my brother to get actual receiver demo, but the sales rep. gave me a demo today in Reliance, for Sony and LG, both are like really crap. Only woofer, dham dham. but no clean dislodges. Not only that if you even listen 2 channel audio, you cant even stand. very poor.

I have logitech's normal 5.1 speakers, ive heard THX 2.1 speakers from Logitech too, both are good for small - medium size room, so obviously the 5.1 THX will be the good too.

Anyways thats personal point of view and choice.

Thanks for your replies....

@Ray - My budget is 30K but looking at the responses will upgrade it to 40K. what do you suggest around 40K would be better buy?

@Raj - I wanted to go with Sony only because of more connectivity options. Brands like yamaha onkyo and Denon have a very limited connectivity options. My main use would be from my Laptop and Cellphone.. So what according to would be the best suitable with my req.

@Nk - Thank you for your views.. I was thinking to buy Logitech z906 worth 20K but searched through this forum and the same result no one is suggesting it.. ;)

Going tomorrow for some auditions. On the list would be Yamaha YHT-196, Yamaha -2910, onkyo HTS-3500 Denon DHT-X500 Pioneer HTP RS-42(it will go a lil beyond the budget) There is one more Sony MuteKi HT-55 5.2 Awesome BASS.. :licklips:
Please suggest If I can add some more on the Audition List.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

@Ray - My budget is 30K but looking at the responses will upgrade it to 40K. what do you suggest around 40K would be better buy?

@Raj - I wanted to go with Sony only because of more connectivity options. Brands like yamaha onkyo and Denon have a very limited connectivity options. My main use would be from my Laptop and Cellphone.. So what according to would be the best suitable with my req.

@Nk - Thank you for your views.. I was thinking to buy Logitech z906 worth 20K but searched through this forum and the same result no one is suggesting it.. ;)

Going tomorrow for some auditions. On the list would be Yamaha YHT-196, Yamaha -2910, onkyo HTS-3500 Denon DHT-X500 Pioneer HTP RS-42(it will go a lil beyond the budget) There is one more Sony MuteKi HT-55 5.2 Awesome BASS.. :licklips:

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Check out boston acoustics soundware xs 5.1. Good reviews from most. You can pair it with denon avr-x500. 3 months back i got denon x500 for 22k from fairdeal electronics,mumbai. That time i got a quote for ba xs. Which was 21.5k then from alfa irla,mumbai

BS XS 5.1 + Denon x500 is indeed a good sounding combo, I have Pioneer VSX series in the past and think they sound a lil harsh. Yamaha bundles are also nice, look for the one with YPAO, I think YHT 196 doesnt have YPAO. BS XS was on offer on HifiMart a few weeks ago, check it out on HifiMart.

Hi Ray & Nikhil,

Thanks for your responses..

Planning to go with YHT-2910.. Getting it for 41K (Will bargain a little ;) )..

Doubt: YHT 299 and YHT 2910 there is not much diff in features but yes there is a difference in the Price(6-7K approx)

Another model which the guy in showroom suggested was Yamaha HTR-3067 with Wharfedale Moviestar 65+

What are your views on them?

If you have another options do let me know?

Regards!!!

Hi..

Just close the eyes and go for YHT-299 if available.

Its great for lifelong.....

if YHT-299 is out of stock then go for New model similar to 299 model
,,,but price is bot high.

I am having the same YHT-299.... its sound Well,,,!!

Regards,
Girish R

Hi..

Just close the eyes and go for YHT-299 if available.

Its great for lifelong.....

if YHT-299 is out of stock then go for New model similar to 299 model
,,,but price is bot high.

I am having the same YHT-299.... its sound Well,,,!!

Regards,
Girish R

Thanks Girish for the reply..
Going for YHT-299. Paid the Advance and will be getting the Product by tomorrow..
It would be great if you could help me with what Stabilizer should I go with, the cables and the BD player..
Regards!!!

Thanks Girish for the reply..
Going for YHT-299. Paid the Advance and will be getting the Product by tomorrow..
It would be great if you could help me with what Stabilizer should I go with, the cables and the BD player..
Regards!!!
Great Decision. YHT-299 is fab. Recently got one and love it. Not much difference between 299 and 2910 in terms of specs but huge in terms of price, so good buy.

You'll need:
1. HDMI cable
2. Optical cable (in case your TV doesn't support ARC).
3. I don't have a stabilizer but a Belkin 8 socket surge protector. You can go for a stabilizer/ UPS if there are fluctuations and power outages in your area.
4. Use any basic BD player. LG BP440 is a good one (check features here: LG BP440: 3D BLU - Ray Player| LG Electronics In). Pioneer/ Samsung BDPs are also good but slightly expensive.

How much have you spent on the YHT299? Anything north of 34K and you can get a BD Player by just shelling a few Ks more.
I was being offered Philips BDP3200 along with YHT-299(MRP 37K) for a total sum of 40K. I got just the YHT for 34K.

Great Decision. YHT-299 is fab. Recently got one and love it. Not much difference between 299 and 2910 in terms of specs but huge in terms of price, so good buy.

You'll need:
1. HDMI cable
2. Optical cable (in case your TV doesn't support ARC).
3. I don't have a stabilizer but a Belkin 8 socket surge protector. You can go for a stabilizer/ UPS if there are fluctuations and power outages in your area.
4. Use any basic BD player. LG BP440 is a good one (check features here: LG BP440: 3D BLU - Ray Player| LG Electronics In). Pioneer/ Samsung BDPs are also good but slightly expensive.

How much have you spent on the YHT299? Anything north of 34K and you can get a BD Player by just shelling a few Ks more.
I was being offered Philips BDP3200 along with YHT-299(MRP 37K) for a total sum of 40K. I got just the YHT for 34K.

Same Price 34K no freebies but will try to bargain for some cables when I'll go to collect my first HiTB (super excited.. :ohyeah:).. ;)... what about cables for speakers? Are in the box supplies enough or do I need to buy extra?

Same Price 34K no freebies but will try to bargain for some cables when I'll go to collect my first HiTB (super excited.. :ohyeah:).. ;)... what about cables for speakers? Are in the box supplies enough or do I need to buy extra?
There is enough wire in the box. :)
Try getting some cables. ;)
Here I didn't get anything apart from YHT in 34K.

The Yamaha Guy who comes for installation has wires too (though local ones) and earns only through extra wire for installation at long distances and speaker support bases (installation is free).

There is enough wire in the box. :)
Try getting some cables. ;)
Here I didn't get anything apart from YHT in 34K.

The Yamaha Guy who comes for installation has wires too (though local ones) and earns only through extra wire for installation at long distances and speaker support bases (installation is free).

Free!!!!!:eek:
Here they are charging 2.5K for the installation!!
I guess it includes wall mounts..:rolleyes: anyways I will be getting it next week :ohyeah:

Finally!!!!! Got My YHT-299..
Loving each bit of it..
Thanks a lot Guys for your help and support..
Just one more help..
Suggest me a decent Stabilizer for my HT..

Thanks in Advance!!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back