Need a second opinion

Sh@@n

Hi all.

Newbie here.
I'm looking for a simple budget amp+2 speakers setup, primarily for music and airplay. Homed in to these..
Wharfedale 220
Pioneer VSX-524
or
Pioneer VSX-830-K

Is this a smart choice given my budget is appx 60K?

Thanks. I've been going through the threads here.
The 225 is also another option that I realised, after spending some time trawling here.
I would prefer a AV, as I do want to have HDMI ports as options. How are the two Pioneer's, in your opinion?

Hi

Pioneers are good, look at Denons, Marantz, etc. also so that you can make an informed decision....

If you have dealers around you, go and audition with your kind of music...similarly you can audition Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo at Reliance Digital.....

If budget is a challenge, see the ads on For Sale by Owner Section and HiFi Ads...I am sure you will find something which will appeal to you...

im not a fan of pioneer speakers, unless the budget is constrained. you;ve got a decent budget. look at wharfedale diamonds, quads, kef q series for speakers. yamaha, marantz, denon for amps. if its music you listen to, then go for a stereo setup.

The HDMI options with AVR do not come without their pitfalls. As a thumb-rule same priced stereo amplifiers will sound much better than an AVR. If your primary requirement is music then you should go with a stereo amplifier.
There are some multi-functional network enabled stereo receivers which will suit your need nicely. For example look at this one,
Marantz M-CR510 Network Stereo Integrated Amplifier with built-in Apple AirPlay and Wi-Fi.

With built-in support for Airplay as well. Do keep in mind that you will be sacrificing sound quality to have HDMI option. An AVR's primary duty is on the HT front and not stereo, they are optimized for that.

Though MCR610 is a littely expensive but it will be a bettee option,i guess.I had heard it with with Taga S40 BS

Thanks lad1. The mcr610 looks interesting.. but I would really like to get the better av receiver and have a good option for stereo speakers with the balance left. Not to forget the cables and connectors.. bi or normal.

Actually I recmd because it had CD player too.And produces warm sound.And I was impressed.Looks beautiful too

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back