Need help for my first setup.

NotSanta20

Hi all,
I am a beginner audiophile, planning to build my first setup.

Am looking to buy the Elac debut 2.0 B6.2, need suggestion if these are good or any other good speakers in the same price range.
Also need suggestion whether to get an AMP or an AVR. (Might add center/rear channels in the future).

Please also help me on what are the things I need to get this setup like wires, banana plugs etc. I have an LG C3, might get a PS5 next year.

Hi all,

Am looking to buy the Elac debut 2.0 B6.2, need suggestion if these are good or any other good speakers in the same price range.
Also need suggestion whether to get an AMP or an AVR. (Might add center/rear channels in the future).

Please also help me on what are the things I need to get this setup like wires, banana plugs etc. I have an LG C3, might get a PS5 next year.
Elac B6 got nice reviews.
Avr is more than enough if for movies.
In the future if planning to buy towe any.rs than too avr should be good enough unless for a more demanding towers.
Initially adding woofer will be more beneficial than a centre speaker

Banana plugs are great add on but dont cheap out caz cheaper ones are worser than being without. I am still in hunt for a good banana plug. Bought one from amazon but not satisfied enough to recommend.

Speaker wires too matters as cheaper ones over time has a possibility of damaging avr. Amazon choice products and the ones with great reviews are better.

Got my experience with pioneer and denon avr. Pioneer has lot of options to tweak the sound to taste. Denon after a recent update sounds very good but limited tweaking option. I dint like denon in 2.0 (stereo) mode.

Recently onkyo rz50 seems to win a lot of accolades similarly goes for denon 3800 amd marantz 50. These are the optimal choices. Any budget beyond it or lower than it has a lot of trade offs. Personally want to try yamaha a6a.

GUess elac will pair better with onkyo rz50 and pioneer lx305 than other choices.

Hope this helps your hunting!

Hi all,

Can you share details about your room size etc?

When you say audiophile, it gives an impression you want a 2 channel stereo setup.
What are you planning for? Music or movies or both?
Room size, budget would help in recommendations.

When you say audiophile, it gives an impression you want a 2 channel stereo setup.
What are you planning for? Music or movies or both?
Room size, budget would help in recommendations.
Yes, initially planning for 2 channel setup. Might upgrade in future.

Planning to connect with the TV, Mostly will be playing music,videos on yt, movies on OTT platforms and sometimes use DTH.

Room size is 15x10feet and budget will be around 50k to 60K max.

Am looking to buy the Elac debut 2.0 B6.2.
I have the first series of Elac Debute F5 C5 doing duties for LCR. They are great speakers but need power, my only input would be to go with avr/amp which does 100W@8ohm minimum to bring them to life. I am running them with Marantz Cinema 60. Have given a try with external amps and they just come to life in a different way.

Decide if you want to setup a dedicated stereo or a HT, based on this you can then decide between AVR or a Stereo AMP. Sound output of a AVR vs a dedicated Stereo is very different.

Best is to audition them, request demo from the dealer before you buy. Ask the dealer to pair the speakers with a AVR and then a dedicated AMP.

I have the first series of Elac Debute F5 C5 doing duties for LCR. They are great speakers but need power, my only input would be to go with avr/amp which does 100W@8ohm minimum to bring them to life. I am running them with Marantz Cinema 60. Have given a try with external amps and they just come to life in a different way.

Decide if you want to setup a dedicated stereo or a HT, based on this you can then decide between AVR or a Stereo AMP. Sound output of a AVR vs a dedicated Stereo is very different.

Best is to audition them, request demo from the dealer before you buy. Ask the dealer to pair the speakers with a AVR and then a dedicated AMP.
Yes, now planning to push the budget little and looking on denon s760h. Is this a good avr and future proof ?

Yes, now planning to push the budget little and looking on denon s760h. Is this a good avr and future proof ?
Would not suggest Denon S760H it is barely 75W. You will feel Elacs are under powered. Not sure if there is a way to add external power amp to this AVR.

do you have any suggestions ?

Also I saw this in reddit. Pls share your suggestions.
Yes i had a steep learning curve my first AVR was Yamaha RX V483 which was 80W 2 Channel driven. And it would sound good enough but cannot drive the Elacs to full potential.

Unless you want to stick to Elac there are other options available which dont need too much power eg. Wharfedale Diamond series which was my 2nd choice but they dont need lot of power and are equally good or the new Heco Victa which have got good reviews as well.

I know i am moving the topic from AVR to speakers but speakers matching to the available power is way too important (lesson hard learnt).
The entire system should work well together to give you the output that you get after spending so much money.

For AVR in Denon go for the X series vs S series S is inferior and are good for satellite speakers not Tower speakers. They will power it but wont give the desired results.
Denon has X2500H which is about 95W
Yamaha gives good bang for buck the RX-V6A gives 100W 2 Channel driven which is what you can look at.
Best if you can really push your budget and get the Marantz Cinema 60.

Do check pricing from local dealers, when i got mine it was easily discounted by 10-25% vs online prices.

Last edited:
Yes i had a steep learning curve my first AVR was Yamaha RX V483 which was 80W 2 Channel driven. And it would sound good enough but cannot drive the Elacs to full potential.

Unless you want to stick to Elac there are other options available which dont need too much power eg. Wharfedale Diamond series which was my 2nd choice but they dont need lot of power and are equally good or the new Heco Victa which have got good reviews as well.

I know i am moving the topic from AVR to speakers but speakers matching to the available power is way too important (lesson hard learnt).
The entire system should work well together to give you the output that you get after spending so much money.

For AVR in Denon go for the X series vs S series S is inferior and are good for satellite speakers not Tower speakers. They will power it but wont give the desired results.
Denon has X2500H which is about 95W
Yamaha gives good bang for buck the RX-V6A gives 100W 2 Channel driven which is what you can look at.
Best if you can really push your budget and get the Marantz Cinema 60.

Do check pricing from local dealers, when i got mine it was easily discounted by 10-25% vs online prices.
Sure, I really appreciate the help. Thanks, I will look into the reviews of the diamond series. And for AVR Marantz Cinema 60 is around 1.4L on online which is too high and its too much since this is my first setup. I will check the speakers and update here. Thanks for the help man!!

Sure, I really appreciate the help. Thanks, I will look into the reviews of the diamond series. And for AVR Marantz Cinema 60 is around 1.4L on online which is too high and its too much since this is my first setup. I will check the speakers and update here. Thanks for the help man!!
Don't go with online price. A friend got the Cinema 60 very recently for 1.15. So while checking prices speak to local dealers I am sure they can give a good discount. If u want I can connect you to few dealers in Mumbai I am sure they would be happy to ship to your destination. Specially if you are buying speakers + electronics

Good selection on the loudspeaker.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Elac is thirsty for power so you need good amplification to wake up that speaker. I'd ditch an AVR and go with a 2 channel stereo receiver like a Marantz Stereo 70S. A few brands maker stereo receivers as well. This will beat the socks of any budget avr.

Don't go with online price. A friend got the Cinema 60 very recently for 1.15. So while checking prices speak to local dealers I am sure they can give a good discount. If u want I can connect you to few dealers in Mumbai I am sure they would be happy to ship to your destination. Specially if you are buying speakers + electronics
yes, please share me contact. I will check with them also.

Good selection on the loudspeaker.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Elac is thirsty for power so you need good amplification to wake up that speaker. I'd ditch an AVR and go with a 2 channel stereo receiver like a Marantz Stereo 70S. A few brands maker stereo receivers as well. This will beat the socks of any budget avr.
I checked the specs, it is also 75 W per channel (which is same as S760H) and total power consumption is around 210w which is lower than the avr. Am I missing something ?

I checked the specs, it is also 75 W per channel (which is same as S760H) and total power consumption is around 210w which is lower than the avr. Am I missing something ?
Power consumption has nothing to do with the power available to the loudspeaker.
Impedance and sensitivity are probably more critical.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back