Need Help Setting Up A New HT System

stallion316

Hello,
I am planning a new ht setup in my bedroom (30% movies and 70% music). I use my bedroom as my office as-well as i work from home..

So here is what the shop person suggested (where i auditioned)..

1. Definitive Technology pro cinema 400 for my 5.1 ht setup
2. JBL Studio AR 220 speakers for my pc which will also be connected to the below av receiver.
3. AV Receiver - Yamaha RX v581 7.2 channel (as the guy is a Yamaha authorized dealer)

the jbl studio speakers will be used via zone 2 for pc purpose.. Now the question is zone 2 only has analog and not optical. As i am a newbie is there any difference?..

I have already auditioned them and they sound good..

1. I mainly listen to indian classical, old retro songs and classic rock when working..
2. I am looking for speakers that give u great clarity and depth in low volume. (i am not into loud music)
3. My budget is approx 1.5 lac
I would like your suggestion and inputs guys, as i am totally new to it...

Thanks
Regards

Hi

If you are 70% into music, then you should trip on a marantz. Given its for your bedroom, look at the NR series which is slim.

If you look at Hi Fi ads, there is a Marantz 1605 which is 7.1 on sale which is a month old. It would be ideal for your setup. The same individual seller is also selling 5.1 BIC America speakers which are the same in size like Def Techs but much much better.

You can connect your PC or laptop digitally to the NR1605 and additional purchase a nice pair of speakers for the same. The channels can be assigned as zone 2.

The avr +spkrs on Hifi Ads amounts to 103000/- you still have enough budget for wires, additional pair of PC speakers etc.

All the best!

Thanks a lot efernand1 for your detailed reply. I would definitely look into 5.1 BIC America speakers.. Where can i audition them in mumbai?..
Also i have recently purchased chromecast audio. Now ill will be mainly streaming music from tidal and wynk..

Thanks Again..

Hi

Authorised dealer for BIC America is Avenue Sound....the price for the setup advertised is close to 73k...

I would suggest you go and pick the AVR NR1605 which seems to be a very good deal by the individual seller.

The seller has the BIC America speakers which you will eventually hear before you purchase the AVR and there you can decide if it meets your expectations. If you like them, pick them up tooo...he is based in South Mumbai.

Grab it! New latest Slim 7.1 Marantz powerful AVR Wifi Bluetooth 4k - HiFiADS.com

Pristine Condition BIC America 5.1 Spkrs with big sub Grab It Now! - HiFiADS.com

All the best!

Carry your music with you (pendrive/HDD/CDs)

Deftech Procinema will not work for music - they are satellite speakers.
IMHO, you must audition Dali Zensor 7 or Wharfedale Diamond with a Marantz receiver or a Yamaha 6xx series receiver

Hi

I think it does....

This is from the website

Multi-room Enjoyment

The versatile NR1605 features multi-room listening capability. You can enjoy 5 channel surround sound in the main room, while others can enjoy stereo sound from a different source in another room, with independent volume control for each room.

You can also connect an external stereo power amplifier to the multi-room pre-amp outputs and enjoy stereo sound in a second room from a different source at the same time others are enjoying a 7 channel surround sound movie in the main room

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back