Need help to repair A&K 70 portable audio player that drowned in water

Update: I left it in its box with the back opened (Thanks @mbhangui ) in a bed of silica desiccant bags as suggested by @MasTerasTrix over a year.
I remembered it today, put it to charge and after a few hours turned it on
And….
IT WORKS!!!
I am delighted to put it mildly.
Thank you so much guys. Your suggestions were spot on even if I forgot about it for a year.
This is a great example of an online forum full of helpful and knowledgeable people.

Update 2.
While the battery charges up, it doesn’t hold the charge for more than a few hours.
After fully being charged and switched off it is fully discharged next day.
Don’t know why or how.
Any suggestions?

Update 2.
While the battery charges up, it doesn’t hold the charge for more than a few hours.
After fully being charged and switched off it is fully discharged next day.
Don’t know why or how.
Any suggestions?
Replace the battery?
Lithium batteries are prone of being dead when left without charge cycle for prolong period of time >1 yr.
Battery of my airpods, Bluetooth tws, old apple watch and an old laptop, died when left idle for 2 yrs.

Replace the battery?
Lithium batteries are prone of being dead when left without charge cycle for prolong period of time >1 yr.
Battery of my airpods, Bluetooth tws, old apple watch and an old laptop, died when left idle for 2 yrs.
A&K want me to send it to Seoul to check and replace battery.
Possibility of being charged customs duty again on top of the shipping costs, repair and parts replacement is concerning.

A&K want me to send it to Seoul to check and replace battery.
Possibility of being charged customs duty again on top of the shipping costs, repair and parts replacement is concerning.
Ask them to mail you a battery replacement marked under "repair/replacement" valued $5.
Get it changed from your local technician

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back