Need sound bar to pair with c9

baker

Hi all

Recently I purchased 55inch c9 and looking for a sound bar to pair with it.
My usage is
1: watching movies / series from prime and Netflix
2:playing 4k movies from harddisk
3 music from youtube and some from hardidsk

Budget is max 30k

I bought Yamaha YAS-109 last year for 20k, its really impressive & VFM with all the options, feature it has at this price point.

It has dual built-in subwoofers, which is good for a movie & music experience. however if you need that rumble very low frequency then you need to add separate active sub & YAS-109 does has option to connect additional sub too ;) , I have connected Velodyne Impact 10 & it sounds phenomenal. You can audition at it Thomson Music Square, Indiranagar, ask them to connect it with & without external subwoofer.

Yamaha has another model YAS-209, which should be within your budget. It comes with wireless subwoofer. however i felt sub is distorted at higher volumes & under power at low volumes. So i would suggest go with YAS-109 save some money & get good subwoofer if you really need it later :)

Other options within your budget are Polk Audio Magnifi Mini (ProFx bangalore) & JBL Bar 2.1 (Reliance digital)

Cheers,
Binu

I bought Yamaha YAS-109 last year for 20k, its really impressive & VFM with all the options, feature it has at this price point.

It has dual built-in subwoofers, which is good for a movie & music experience. however if you need that rumble very low frequency then you need to add separate active sub & YAS-109 does has option to connect additional sub too ;) , I have connected Velodyne Impact 10 & it sounds phenomenal. You can audition at it Thomson Music Square, Indiranagar, ask them to connect it with & without external subwoofer.

Yamaha has another model YAS-209, which should be within your budget. It comes with wireless subwoofer. however i felt sub is distorted at higher volumes & under power at low volumes. So i would suggest go with YAS-109 save some money & get good subwoofer if you really need it later :)

Other options within your budget are Polk Audio Magnifi Mini (ProFx bangalore) & JBL Bar 2.1 (Reliance digital)

Cheers,
Binu

even i was thinking for yamaha 209 , other than having subwoofer , is all the specs are same between 209 and 109..?

and what about polk command bar which is also coming in same price as yamaha 209

And am not much fascinated about having alexa on board , more interested in sound quality especially in low volumes

even i was thinking for yamaha 209 , other than having subwoofer , is all the specs are same between 209 and 109..?

and what about polk command bar which is also coming in same price as yamaha 209

Yes the specs are similar just that 209 has wireless subwoofer...

209 is very close to Polk command bar in terms to specs and features... sound quality, I think I will give to Polk just bcoz I didn’t find 209 subwoofer that great .... Polk will be lot better..... let’s face it with soundbars there is always slight compromise when it comes to mids. I feel it just gets lost with some much happening with one bar.... features like clear voice on Yamaha comes handy in those situations, again it’s personal opinion.

Audition it ... and choose the one which sounds good to your ears

Yes the specs are similar just that 209 has wireless subwoofer...

209 is very close to Polk command bar in terms to specs and features... sound quality, I think I will give to Polk just bcoz I didn’t find 209 subwoofer that great .... Polk will be lot better..... let’s face it with soundbars there is always slight compromise when it comes to mids. I feel it just gets lost with some much happening with one bar.... features like clear voice on Yamaha comes handy in those situations, again it’s personal opinion.

Audition it ... and choose the one which sounds good to your ears
Well , thats the issue . considering the bangalore covid situation i dont want to travel much :).
Thought of making offline decision based on reviews.

Any inputs on
1: Sony 8500 which have atomos support
2: Samsung q60r [5.1 channel]
3:philips tabb603 [atmos support]

And what about after sales support for polk and yamaha in bangalore..?

Well , thats the issue . considering the bangalore covid situation i dont want to travel much :).
Thought of making offline decision based on reviews.

True, thats the best approach in current situation

Any inputs on
1: Sony 8500 which have atomos support
2: Samsung q60r [5.1 channel]
3:philips tabb603 [atmos support]

Sony HT-x8500 - I did audition it, but wasn't really impressive for some reason felt like Atmos on that soundbar was just kind of marketing gimmick.
However Sony HT-Z9F + optional surround speakers is some what closer to Atmos experience you could get. However its priced at 70+ for that price you can opt for JBL bar 9.1 which will be true wireless surround with Atmos :)

Other Atmos soundbar is LG SL8YG - which i think will seamlessly integrate with your OLED C9, It was decent with Dolby atmos demo which i heard at Reliance digital (certainly not ideal environment to experience audio considering lot of noise around you) i think it should sound better in bit of control environment like living rooms.

Couldn't audition Samsung q60r - They didn't had in demo at Samsung store nor at Reliance... Philips - Its been some years now, i have seen their products on sale in retail shop, so thats out of question :p

In my case i didn't had any source where i could stream Atmos content, so just ignore all these soundbar claiming Atmos capabilities.

And what about after sales support for polk and yamaha in bangalore..?

If i recollect is correctly Profx do service Polk & Yamaha as well... however beware of online purchase of these products like from Amazon/flipkart etc... Product sold on those most of the time don't have Manufacturer warranty, it's always covered under seller warranty.

Hence if you can spend few hundreds more better to pick it from authorised dealers.

Cheers,

True, thats the best approach in current situation

Sony HT-x8500 - I did audition it, but wasn't really impressive for some reason felt like Atmos on that soundbar was just kind of marketing gimmick.
However Sony HT-Z9F + optional surround speakers is some what closer to Atmos experience you could get. However its priced at 70+ for that price you can opt for JBL bar 9.1 which will be true wireless surround with Atmos :)

Other Atmos soundbar is LG SL8YG - which i think will seamlessly integrate with your OLED C9, It was decent with Dolby atmos demo which i heard at Reliance digital (certainly not ideal environment to experience audio considering lot of noise around you) i think it should sound better in bit of control environment like living rooms.

Couldn't audition Samsung q60r - They didn't had in demo at Samsung store nor at Reliance... Philips - Its been some years now, i have seen their products on sale in retail shop, so thats out of question :p

In my case i didn't had any source where i could stream Atmos content, so just ignore all these soundbar claiming Atmos capabilities.

If i recollect is correctly Profx do service Polk & Yamaha as well... however beware of online purchase of these products like from Amazon/flipkart etc... Product sold on those most of the time don't have Manufacturer warranty, it's always covered under seller warranty.

Hence if you can spend few hundreds more better to pick it from authorised dealers.

Cheers,
LG is kind of out of budget as the price is crossing 40K.

One quick doubt , so what will happen if the source is playing on atmos/Dolby vision content will it pass through yamaha..?

LG is kind of out of budget as the price is crossing 40K.

34,990/- in Reliance & Croma, with some negotiations, i guess you should be able to strike deal closer to 30k in this situations just to improve their sales figures.

One quick doubt , so what will happen if the source is playing on atmos/Dolby vision content will it pass through yamaha..?

I believe yes, bcoz these are 4k Passthrough (50 / 60 Hz YCbCr=4:4:4, HDR10, HLG and HDCP2.3) so is your C9 (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG).
It might not decode Atmos, however should be able to use the DTS® Virtual:X™ DSP to reproduce 3D surround sound.

https://hub.yamaha.com/what-is-dts-virtualx/

Just get it clarified with an expert at Yamaha though ;)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back