Need Suggestions for Floor Standing speakers under 2.5 Lakhs

Looking for a Floor Standing Speakers for my living room (IMAGE is attached below).

Usage would be 75% Music and 25% Movies. Sources will be Marantz PM8006 (Turntable, CD Player and Network Player). Have decided to audition the below but kindly advise if I am missing any other brand which I should consider. Genre of Music is New and Old Bollywood Music, Ghazals, English Collection from MLTR, Backstreet, Dire Straits, Celine Dion and Others.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

Please advise if I should audition or consider any other brand too.

1.KEF R5
2.Spendor A4

Why no one is talking about Warfedale Evo 4.4? They have decent reviews everywhere online.. Just wondering?

Looking for a Floor Standing Speakers for my living room (IMAGE is attached below).

Usage would be 75% Music and 25% Movies. Sources will be Marantz PM8006 (Turntable, CD Player and Network Player). Have decided to audition the below but kindly advise if I am missing any other brand which I should consider. Genre of Music is New and Old Bollywood Music, Ghazals, English Collection from MLTR, Backstreet, Dire Straits, Celine Dion and Others.

Dali Opticon 6
SVS Prime Pinnacle
KEF Q950

Please advise if I should audition or consider any other brand too.
Looking at your listening room geometry and seating, the challenge is going to be speaker placement.
FS can be really challenging to place in a small-ish space.

Regards,
Raghu

Dali Opticon is good but just pick the opticon 8 for stereo music.
SVS is generally good for movies (HT use) so I would avoid that for Stereo setup.
Kef will be very good for music but you can also look for the previous generation R700 (which may be on good offer if available). When I recently visited the PROFX chennai, they had a pair of Kef R700 in Gloss black(Demo unit) in good working condition. The problem is, one of the speaker had a good physical damage on the top corner so, if that is fine then you can get them at a good price. Also audition the Ker R5.
The Fine Audio F502 is also good for music.
And Focal Aria 926 which has a retail price of 3L is selling for around 1.5Lakh so that also deserves your attention.
Monitor audio speakers have the best fit and finish in their price range, however they are not the best sounding in their range (my personal opinion)
If you like laid back sound then consider the Castle speakers and the Wharfedale. These speakers are laidback and have great fit and finish.
The Revel Performa F206 are also great speakers however I doubt if they will fit into 2.5L.
We can only give you suggestion. Take some ideas from our suggestion and audition as many speakers as possible because different people prefer different sound. What feels bright to me can sound perfect to you or vice versa.
My pick within 2.5Lakh will be the Kef R series and If I wan in US then I would get a pair of Salk towers with either Raal or Beryllium tweeters.
I Agree. I demoed monitor audio new bronze Towers and they were very forward in their presentation. so need to consider what you like.

Hey thanks buddy...this is a great help. I guess I will pick up Opticon 8 as I like bit of bass in the music and I guess Opticon 8 will be able to meet that wish. Any thoughts....
If you like strong and deep bass in your speakers, i’d suggest you audition the wharfedale evo 4.4 once. I just got myself the bookshelf version i.e. the evo 4.2s. i have them, placed in a largish living room which is connected to the dining room so it forms sort of a large continuous space and the manner in which they fill the entire area with deep bass has to heard to be believed. And their placement isn’t the least bit ideal (None of my other speakers produce any bass where ive placed them but aesthetics had to make way for a bit of compromise on placement) but i guess the downfiring port of the Evo pays dividends here. if the evo 4.2s are capable of such a feat, i’m pretty sure their floorstandings counterparts are more than up to the task. FYI, these produce way more bass than my Quad S5s which are fairly large floorstanders.

Liking of sound signature differes by each individual. Having said that I auditioned most of the speakers mentioned on this thread and experienced few of the speakers in my HT(thanks to my close friend who deals with hifi gear). My audition style is bit different from regular auditions. I listen to single speaker from 6 feet distance without room correction so that gives the exact capability of the speaker. Finally I chose Paradigm premier 800f (underrated speaker on our forum). For music listening I turn off 3 subs (dual SVS PB 2000s and single Rythmik FV15HP) and the bass, mids produced by the speakers is so good and soothing, one has to experience it. By the way my avr is Marantz 6013 and amp is Emotiva XPA 5 GEN 3. Till this day whoever listened in my room thinks sound is coming from center speaker what can I say.

Hear me out :)
Pulz has a great line called Diva. I heard it multiple times at their Mumbai office and absolutely loved it. Dynamic yet subtle. Worked well with both movies and music.

See if you can audition. At least, you would have heard a fighting competitor.

The price was approx 1.1L a pair (last year).

If it were not my love for Genelec, I would have bought Diva.

You may add XTZ 99.36 Towers also to the list
In case of SVS, consider Ultra Towers, add a good Power Amp - around 300W RMS per channel to drive them.
You may not need a subwoofer for music listening in case of Ultra Towers.

I'll highly suggest the Opticon 8. I'm running them with the NAD C388. Streaming with node 2i. The opticon's are phenomenal! I've been listening to about 6-8 hrs of various genres over the last week and each song has been a revelation. Plenty of bass due to the 8" drivers - enough that you can do without a sub. Mids and highs are superbly represented as well by the 6.5" mid range driver and hybrid ribbon tweeter. No listening fatigue at all. I have a kind of large listening room - approx 300sqft, so it's just perfect. The sound stage is pretty wide with no toe in. I don't particularly listen to my music very loud. The opticon's work well at mid/low volumes - without losing much detail in the music. I generally listen at -25 dB to -30 dB and it's enough. They are not the prettiest but the construction and material quality is top class. These speakers need a large space to really shine. I hope this helps, incase you need to know anything else, will be glad to help..

I'll highly suggest the Opticon 8. I'm running them with the NAD C388. Streaming with node 2i. The opticon's are phenomenal! I've been listening to about 6-8 hrs of various genres over the last week and each song has been a revelation. Plenty of bass due to the 8" drivers - enough that you can do without a sub. Mids and highs are superbly represented as well by the 6.5" mid range driver and hybrid ribbon tweeter. No listening fatigue at all. I have a kind of large listening room - approx 300sqft, so it's just perfect. The sound stage is pretty wide with no toe in. I don't particularly listen to my music very loud. The opticon's work well at mid/low volumes - without losing much detail in the music. I generally listen at -25 dB to -30 dB and it's enough. They are not the prettiest but the construction and material quality is top class. These speakers need a large space to really shine. I hope this helps, incase you need to know anything else, will be glad to help..
Hi Sauzz, thanks for your post. I am actually looking for a perfect Amp (as an upgrade) for Dali Opticon 6 for a long time. My current set up is Opticon 6, Benchmark USB 1Dac, Marantz 5005 CD player, Denon LP player, Yamaha music cast, Cambridge Audio 651A integrated amplifier. Had an audition of Nad 368 along with some other amps. Have not reached at a conclusion so far. What kind of music you listen to as I listen to Blues Rock/ Blues/ Jazz, and how do you rate the combination of Dali Opticon n Nad 388.

Any other suggestions from others are also welcome.

Thnaks.
Deepak.

Hi Sauzz, thanks for your post. I am actually looking for a perfect Amp (as an upgrade) for Dali Opticon 6 for a long time. My current set up is Opticon 6, Benchmark USB 1Dac, Marantz 5005 CD player, Denon LP player, Yamaha music cast, Cambridge Audio 651A integrated amplifier. Had an audition of Nad 368 along with some other amps. Have not reached at a conclusion so far. What kind of music you listen to as I listen to Blues Rock/ Blues/ Jazz, and how do you rate the combination of Dali Opticon n Nad 388.

Any other suggestions from others are also welcome.

Thnaks.
Deepak.
Hi Deepak, I listen to almost everything - anything with good rhythm, tone, vocals, instruments etc. The genres you've mentioned are my usual "go to" music as well, along with loads of Indian music. I'm no expert on audiophile equipment though. There are many others in the forum who are bonafide experts. I can however tell you that dali and nad pair excellently - like toast and butter! Music, like any other art form, is very subjective but I am simply loving and in awe of my current combo of opticon 8 + nad c388 + bluesound node 2i. Superb vocal clarity, bass, instrument separation, soundstage etc - checks all my boxes. Have said this in the forum before - if you're in Delhi and want to audition/demo, I'll be more than glad to have you over.. hope this helps and will request the experts to chip in as well...

Thanks for your reply and generosity. Really appreciate it. Since I have had a demo of C368 but my search is on. If I can get the feedback on Rouge Sphinx V3 or Linn Majik DSM or Marantz 8006 combining with Opticon 6. Or any other amp will go well with it, from other members, will be great.

Do let me know which part of the City you live, will connect with you.

Last edited:
Dali Opticon is good but just pick the opticon 8 for stereo music.
SVS is generally good for movies (HT use) so I would avoid that for Stereo setup.
Kef will be very good for music but you can also look for the previous generation R700 (which may be on good offer if available). When I recently visited the PROFX chennai, they had a pair of Kef R700 in Gloss black(Demo unit) in good working condition. The problem is, one of the speaker had a good physical damage on the top corner so, if that is fine then you can get them at a good price. Also audition the Ker R5.
The Fine Audio F502 is also good for music.
And Focal Aria 926 which has a retail price of 3L is selling for around 1.5Lakh so that also deserves your attention.
Monitor audio speakers have the best fit and finish in their price range, however they are not the best sounding in their range (my personal opinion)
If you like laid back sound then consider the Castle speakers and the Wharfedale. These speakers are laidback and have great fit and finish.
The Revel Performa F206 are also great speakers however I doubt if they will fit into 2.5L.
We can only give you suggestion. Take some ideas from our suggestion and audition as many speakers as possible because different people prefer different sound. What feels bright to me can sound perfect to you or vice versa.
My pick within 2.5Lakh will be the Kef R series and If I wan in US then I would get a pair of Salk towers with either Raal or Beryllium tweeters.
@fLUX has the Focal Aria 926.. You can check with him too..

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back