No 65inch Bravia 9 available for sale in India

srikanth4285

I've had a frustrating experience with both LG and Samsung in the past, having to replace five OLED TVs since 2019.

LG 55B8: Developed dead pixels across the screen after just 16 months of use.
Sony 55A8H: Sold it within three months as I upgraded to a 65-inch model.
LG 65GX: I had to replace this model three times due to defects right out of the box. The third replacement also developed dead pixels. LG replaced the display under warranty, but the issue reappeared within two months. After further repairs, I eventually sold it for ₹90,000 out of frustration.
Samsung S95C: The One Connect box was defective straight out of the box. Samsung refunded my money within 20 days.
Sony A95K: While searching for the A95L, which was out of stock everywhere, I visited Vijay Sales. They offered an open-box A95K that had been on display for only a month, with 400 hours of use. They priced it at ₹185,000 with a ₹15,000 cashback, so I decided to purchase it. However, during installation, I noticed spots on the screen. The Sony technician checked internally with service center & informed me that the screen had been replaced a couple of months earlier, resetting the power-on hours. I insisted Vijay Sales take the TV back and refund my money. They agreed, but the refund is still pending.

I'm currently in the market for a 65-inch Sony QD-OLED A95L, but it's unfortunately out of stock. Sony and multiple retailers have confirmed that the A95L has been discontinued, with the Bravia 9 set to be the flagship model for 2024.

The A80L/Bravia 8, which uses LG's WOLED panels, doesn't provide the brightness I need for my living room.

Once you experience OLED, it's hard to go back to anything else.

I've decided to wait for the Bravia 9, which is supposed to be close in quality to OLEDs. I just received a call from a Sony center, informing me that the Bravia 9 will be available for sale by the end of this month, with preorders now open. It will be available in 75 and 85-inch sizes only

I'm still unsure about what to do next.

Attachments

• IMG_0553.jpeg
    IMG_0553.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 13
If this is the life of branded TVs then how long would a TV like TCL, Hisense etc would last?
It's almost impossible to guess the longevity of electronic items these days. If they work, they work. For context, I am using LG C9 55" Oled and it has runtime of 8k+hrs. It has seen abrupt powercut, voltage fluctuations, and what not. Touchwood, it's still going strong.

Finally I managed to get brand new 65A95L for 2.36lakhs from Reliance Digital Banjara Hills Hyderabad, my search for TV is completed.

Store manager Rajesh is very helpful in finding one and provided unbelievable discount on it. If someone is looking for any electronics from Hyderabad can check this store and talk to him once.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back