Online UPS - which make/model to buy?

On re-reading some other threads, I am planning to buy APC online UPS 2kva.

The advantages - Full isolation from power fluctuations, harmonics, EMI/RFI, small internal battery to have graceful shutdown.

Disadvantages - Price

The Vertex Servo is around 16k plus 6.5k for lighting surges plus around 3k for ups for the projector comes to 25k.

The APC one is 40k.

Others are cheaper (like Emerson) but not sure of their service, so would stick to APC/Schnieder.

Hi Sud,

I have an APC Online UPS for sale. You can check my Ad in hifiads and in Sale by owner in our forum. Please pm for further details.

Regards
Srikar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

APC is one of the best especially in after sales service, at least in the metros. I'm using one for the projector since 3 yrs (cheaper non online version) absolutely no issues.

There's one - of 3kva capacity on hifiads.com in Bangalore itself, check it out.

Thanks. But at 49k its beyond my budget. I think I am fine with 40k for a new one with 2kva. Since I have planned the location outside my HT room, noise shouldnt be a problem.

My pm5005 box says - warranty void if used on ups/ inverter
That's a very good observation, I haven't seen any of the other More powerful amps mentioning it that way. Probably they meant running it on UPS backup power continuously and not the way the OP is planning to use it as a backup ; just enough to peacefully switch off the amp instead of abrupt shutdown as occurs in case of power failure.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

I believe most Inverters and UPSs will distort the pure Sine wave that the equipment needs. Hence the are not recommended. But unlike the units that take over when power fails, an 'online' UPS continuously converts the ac power to dc and then back again to dc, generating a pure Sine wave and also correcting the voltage. Therefore an online UPS is ok but an inverter is not.

I have Luminous Zelio 1100 which is supposed to give pure sine wave. Not faced a single issue since last six months despite power disturbances.

On re-reading some other threads, I am planning to buy APC online UPS 2kva.

The advantages - Full isolation from power fluctuations, harmonics, EMI/RFI, small internal battery to have graceful shutdown.

Disadvantages - Price

The Vertex Servo is around 16k plus 6.5k for lighting surges plus around 3k for ups for the projector comes to 25k.

The APC one is 40k.

Others are cheaper (like Emerson) but not sure of their service, so would stick to APC/Schnieder.

The APC online ups is the perfect choice! it should protect your equipment well!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back