OTT and AV receivers performance

spirovious

Hi,

This is a thread about movies on OTT and AV receivers performance.
I had once compared 2 AVRs , Yamaha and Marantz side by side in same set up. Me and FM tested some movies like Blade runner, Wonder Women, Killbill and few other. We realises that we enjoyed Yamaha over Marantz avr. Yamaha gave open and detailed sound where as Marantz had soft sound signature. OTT never sounded enjoyable in Marantz compared to HTPC Or Bdp. Earlier l guesses it's because of streaming limitations or compressed audio. But that wasn't the issue with Yamaha.Movies were much enjoyable.I am not comparing between the original sound signature of AVR but their respective OTT processing capabilities.

So if you have experienced similarly then do reply. Also would like to know how other brands like Denon, Pioneer, Anthem... perform.
Thanks.

Yes, me too mirroring the same experience of Marantz vis-a-vis with Denon. The Marantz is having a softer sound signature as compared to Denon. I have used Denon for more than 12 years. I am not sure of the others, but Onkyo for sure will sound much better than the Denon and Marantz as far as detailing and bang for the buck is concerned.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back