Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

I have checked this link. This has never worked . I am the only one who is getting this message -"Stock not available at this location"

51f8500 is now available at Rahul Electronics in Mumbai @ 1.19 lakhs!
Samsung India's website is still not updated.
51E8000 is now re-introduced as 51f5500 which doesnot support smart evolution - 1 usb, -camera. It looks exactly the same.
Smart hub is better prices near 70k

51E8000 is now re-introduced as 51f5500 which doesnot support smart evolution - 1 usb, -camera. It looks exactly the same.

I am confused. You are saying that an 8-series model has become a 5-series model (after removal of some features). What about the panel?

What does the last statement mean?

>>Smart hub is better prices near 70k

Wrong, F5500 does not have AR filter, f5500 is as good as last years E550.

Hi All, I am a newbie in this forum and would need help from the experts regarding an issue I am facing with my plasma TV. I bought the 51e8000 last year during Diwali offer and it had been working like a charm till recently. Last month vertical line started coming on the panel. Initially it was only one line, and now it has increased to 4.
Service engineer visited and said I need to change the panel. It is fine since the TV is still under warranty.
But, it is been 3 weeks and no calls from service center guy and when I check with them, they are saying that part is not in stock and would be available in another weeks time. What should I do about this and also, more important concern is; even if they come with a panel, how can I make sure that it is a new one and not something which have been picked from an old TV? Just have 3 more months before warranty period is over and don't want an old panel, which goes faulty in another 3 months.

Any pointers would be helpful.

Also, since the panel is faulty within 1 Yr, I am bit worried thinking what will happen to new panel in another year? Since it is a new panel, is it possible to have a warranty on the new panel alone?

Have come across a PS64E8000 in the used marketplace. Wifi does not work. While old reviews claim it was one of the best plasmas from Samsung back in 2012/13, from a buyer's perspective the current asking price carries a big risk..
There are no horizontal or vertical lines, doesn't suffer from burn-in.
Can @ritzman / someone, let me know how to check the SVC info? Some say it's MUTE + 1 + 8 + 2 + POWER buttons on the remote, does this work? The seller is some 250kms away, and i have to gather as many details as possible before taking the visit.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back