Owner/Expert view on Samy 51e8000

Not a good idea. The transport cost alone will outweigh all benefits. Besides Mumbai prices are higher than at other places.

I don't think bringing on train will cost more than 2K maybe even less. Only doubt is whether Plasmas can withstand the journey. And isn't 85K as good a price as anywhere in India for the model?

Hi All,
I got my warranty extended for my 51E8000 today from samsung for 3 more years i.e 1+3 which includes PCB, Panel and Remote Commanders and IR blaster. It costed 20602 with taxes. I was wondering why did I have to pay Vat 12.5% + Service charge 12.36% as I am buying an AMC package from them. They are not selling me parts nor am I buying any parts. Do you guys agree with the VAT charged to me on this pack?

Dear pralhadz, Josh!
I am facing IR(Image Retention) problem with my new Samy 51E8000. Panel run time is 3120 minutes odd. What should I do to prevent this from permanent IR. Also wanted to know if you guys had faced the same problem too.
Thanks,
Kartik

Hi All,
I got my warranty extended for my 51E8000 today from samsung for 3 more years i.e 1+3 which includes PCB, Panel and Remote Commanders and IR blaster. It costed 20602 with taxes. I was wondering why did I have to pay Vat 12.5% + Service charge 12.36% as I am buying an AMC package from them. They are not selling me parts nor am I buying any parts. Do you guys agree with the VAT charged to me on this pack?

VAT is not applicable on warranty. Fight this.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Dear pralhadz, Josh!
I am facing IR(Image Retention) problem with my new Samy 51E8000. Panel run time is 3120 minutes odd. What should I do to prevent this from permanent IR. Also wanted to know if you guys had faced the same problem too.
Thanks,
Kartik

Ensure brightness is 30~40 for first 300 hrs atleast... Keep Cell Light 5 These are must... Contrast adjust it accordingly to maintain picture balance with brightness.

Run White Scrolling bars from Screen Protection Option in Systems Menu. Do this for 10 mins - half hour a week.

When you Switch OFF/ON TV , keep the panel in TV mode with the grains for say 2 to 5 mins...

This shall remove any IR on the screen. IR may be mostly cause of the channel logo/DTH logo and source selection.

There are some plasma burn in videos avaioable in Youtube. Run them in loop mode for an hour.

Alternatively , kindly go through a detailed discussion on IR and Screen Protection by Jus4Kix .

Hi All,

Can ya throw some light on this... IS this warranty extension directly from Samsung or by its ASC's ?

Extended Warranty is provided by Samsung not any Third Party Vendors ;) You can call Samsung Toll Free to extend your warranty services

I have come up with a new problem :(
My TV sets itself to default factory settings as soon as it goes to standby and secondly it also disconnects WiFi as soon as I exit smart hub, which then prompts me to insert the WiFi key again and again every time I try to access smart Hub. Need help on this. Isn't it supposed to save user settings like all the other TV's used to do? Or is there any setting which will enable my TV to save user settings.
Thanks.

I am experiencing this problem since the day I had Un-boxed my TV.
Had checked the service menu before connecting any source. The panel display time was 1 Minute. So I hope this was not a showroom display unit.

I have come up with a new problem :(
My TV sets itself to default factory settings as soon as it goes to standby and secondly it also disconnects WiFi as soon as I exit smart hub, which then prompts me to insert the WiFi key again and again every time I try to access smart Hub. Need help on this. Isn't it supposed to save user settings like all the other TV's used to do? Or is there any setting which will enable my TV to save user settings.
Thanks.

I would like to know:
*Which Firmware you have now.
*Need to know the space :In the Smart Hub - Samsung Application Download section will show you the remaining space left out of 750MB.
this space is very less usually. I feel we should keep minimum 400Mb free. This is very useful for surfing + ....
*Log the complaint on Samsung web site by registering your login with TV Details.
*I guess this problem(Key) is of WiFi Dongle. They might change the inbuilt dongle which will require @18days.

Last edited:
Hi Josh,
Sorry for the late reply. It is currently on 001020 and it says that my tv is upto date. Free space under smart hub is 440 MB.

kartik.b,

Is your IR issue fixed?

Hi,
I my TV has not yet completed 200 hrs. Keeping the cell light on 5 and brightness/contrast to 35 so far. I am streaming content from the web rather than using my STB. Will wait for the first 200 hrs and post an update on this.
Thanks!

Hi kartik, I'm also thinking of getting 51E8000. When and where did you buy the display and for what price?

Hi,
I my TV has not yet completed 200 hrs. Keeping the cell light on 5 and brightness/contrast to 35 so far. I am streaming content from the web rather than using my STB. Will wait for the first 200 hrs and post an update on this.
Thanks!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back